A new version of Simcity ...

Started by PZ, September 29, 2012, 08:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Cool :-X :)

Quote from: PZ on March 29, 2013, 02:24:05 PM
Once I fire up the game, it is difficult to leave even though the hour is late.  ^-^

I get that :-D

PZ

Interestingly, the Origin client (which starts the game) keeps track of the time one spends in the game.  Initially I thought I was simply forgetting the amount of time I have spent in the game, but after at least 10-12 times of the client reporting what I thought was more than I actually spent, I checked last night.

When i shut down the game I was at marked as having spent 72 hours in the game.  Tonight I fired it up, and lo and behold - somehow I has spent an additional 8 hours in the game that are unaccounted for - the client now reports 80 hours in-game when last night I was at 72 hours

Those liars at EA are not only fools at business, they are lying when it comes to reporting the amount of time gamers spend in the game.  Of course, they are then lying at all of the other stats they are reporting.

Art Blade

How does the proverb go.. "never trust a statistics you didn't forge yourself."  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed; as the old saying goes "there are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics"

Last night I checked my game time and it was reported as 82 hours as I shut off my system.  I'm interested to check today to see where it is.

fragger

Someone's playing your game when you're not looking, apparently :-()

PZ

:laugh:

Yeah, I guess so.  Because I know my sweetie doesn't like video games, it must be the poodle.  ????

Art Blade

maybe it's just someone who hacked into your account.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

fragger

:-D I dunno - never underestimate a poodle!

Art Blade

PZ

:laugh: :-X indeed; excellent one fragger! +1

PZ

I fired up Simcity again just for kicks, and despite the online requirement, the game is still lots of fun.  Because it is a simulation, there are literally endless combinations of ways to do business so to speak.  Talk about open world - this is the ultimate.  I just hope the developers get all the bugs worked out so that the simulation works as it was intended.

PZ

Well, it's about time - Maxis/EA released offline mode for Simcity.  Now modders can do all kinds of things including digging into the UI to modify the simulation

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/simcity-offline-play-now-available-for-pc-and-mac

Art Blade

PZ

... and they did it for free.  I did the update today, didn't cost me a cent, and it actually works.

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳