fuel

Started by shotyshotter, May 03, 2009, 02:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shotyshotter

hi all ive recently been looking into fuel and i was just trying
to find out if the vehicles take damage like in race driver grid
thanks any info would be great.

PZ

spaceboy is our resident Fuel expert shotyshotter,  you might check the forums he developed that are dedicated to the game, complete with videos.  Click the Fuel logo on the right column of the main openworldgames.org page.

spaceboy

Ah, thanks PZ, but "expert" is a wide ranging term.  Unfortunately there still seems to be some speculation on the damage to expect.  Previous Codemasters games like GRID had extensive damage in the game, but this game was developed by Asobo Studios and published by Codemasters.

I would expect some damage and there does appear to be a tire falling off in one of the videos (but it could have been a spare).  I'll look for more info on this, but while I expect some damage to vehicles, the primary focus of the game was on the size of the map, varied terrain, and weather effects.

As PZ said, click the FUEL icon on the main page for videos, screen prints, and all game discussions.

Hopefully we'll see you out at the races come 5/26!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

shotyshotter

thanks for the info lads. fair play its looking great will be getting this one for sure thanks again  :-X

RedRaven

hi all, not sure what its like in your corners of the world, looked on play.com for release date & cost of fuel, (29/5 for Xbox + PS3, 19/6 for PC) but noticed it was half cost for PC ! all platforms are the "pre-order with fancy clothes".
seems odd that such a price difference cos last few PC games got have been same price as console versions (Dead Space, Clear Sky, Far Cry 2).

oh - £35 console, £18 PC .
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Fiach

I have ordered games from them that seemed incredibly cheap, but it was a pricing error on their part and they refused to send them to me (yes pre-orders), not saying that is the case here, but 18 seems rather cheap for a PC game, well compared to here anyway.

On saying that PC games were always cheaper than console games, I believe that part of this is due to licence fees to the console manufacturer and *cough* MS rigourous (stop laughing in the back!  :P) Quality control :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

" class="fancybox" title="" data-fancybox="topic">" alt="" />

spaceboy

I see a price diff on amazon.com as well, PS3 and X360 $55 (5/26) and PC $40 (6/16).

Art Blade

you're killing me! not with prices, but release date... I was convinced PC release was on May 28! I hate that...  >:(
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on May 18, 2009, 06:05:33 AM
I see a price diff on amazon.com as well, PS3 and X360 $55 (5/26) and PC $40 (6/16).

Yeap... I saw that... amazon.com goes for US$40...  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

DKM2

Quote from: Art Blade on May 18, 2009, 03:24:34 PM
you're killing me! not with prices, but release date... I was convinced PC release was on May 28! I hate that...  >:(
Driving (pun) me nuts as well.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

spaceboy

Amazon.com now lists it for 6/23. Consoles still at 5/26.

DKM2

*On my knees pounding my fists into the sand*
"You Maniacs!!  You blew it up!!  Ahhh, damn you!  God damn you all to hell!!"
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

🡱 🡳