Big FC2 mod - Infamous Fusion

Started by hans_dampf36, February 03, 2017, 04:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hans_dampf36

Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you know that a big FC2 mod with lots of new features is upcoming. There have been a couple of release versions so far that contain things not seen in any other mod.

You can check it out and post your comments or suggestions at:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/infamous-fusion

Cheers,

Hans

Art Blade

Thank you very much for your contribution, Hans :)

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Very nice, Hans  :-X +1 for your w@&k!

FC2 still remains my favorite game of all time, and just the other day I fired it up for a couple of hours of fun.

hans_dampf36

We are in the process of re-deploying mercs in most sectors of the first FC2 map (Leboa Sako). The new merc models and changed looks for standard mercs are being placed.

This is a good opportunity for you to post some suggestions or hints. For instance, we may change the following aspects:

A. Lifecycles of enemies (as you all know the respawning issue) - we can make particular mercs or even entire guard post disappear after they have been cleared. Some areas have already been edited by the modder known as the Jackal; I have his map marked with changes and can maintain the new state with the difference that you need to encounter removed guard posts and their mercs for one time. Then they will vanish forever.

B. Deployment of particular merc faction looks - e.g. army, casual, police etc. - in certain area where they should form a larger concentration. We already did this for the police station - you will find policemen there ( ;)).

Cheers,

Hans

OWGKID

Nice, do you have access to the respective files? Would be nice if you could show us the code/files that needed to be altered for this :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

^ read: "I want to be part of the fun."

:-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Sounds like you might want to join the development team, GKID  :-X

Quote from: hans_dampf36 on February 09, 2017, 04:20:47 AM
We are in the process of re-deploying mercs in most sectors of the first FC2 map (Leboa Sako). The new merc models and changed looks for standard mercs are being placed.

This is a good opportunity for you to post some suggestions or hints. For instance, we may change the following aspects:

A. Lifecycles of enemies (as you all know the respawning issue) - we can make particular mercs or even entire guard post disappear after they have been cleared. Some areas have already been edited by the modder known as the Jackal; I have his map marked with changes and can maintain the new state with the difference that you need to encounter removed guard posts and their mercs for one time. Then they will vanish forever.

B. Deployment of particular merc faction looks - e.g. army, casual, police etc. - in certain area where they should form a larger concentration. We already did this for the police station - you will find policemen there ( ;)).

Cheers,

Hans

This is great w@&k Hans  :-X another +1  The list below is mostly a wish list that I know likely cannot be done, but I thought I'd throw out for thought anyway  ;)

Is it possible to add user options to the game options menu?  What would be really nice would be things like the following:

• A slider or scale letting the user decide how long respawn takes
  • Option for how aggressive mercs are, or how aware they are to your presence taking into account distance from them, sounds, etc.
  • Option for how many mercs should be in the guard posts from the beginning, or perhaps slowly respawn with increasing number of mercs as time progresses after they are cleared out
  • Is it possible to take out the endless respawn from the big towns? It would be cool to be able to take out everyone, and then some time later find that the area is slowly repopulated
  • Is it possible to make the vehicles able to outrun the mercs trucks? The vanilla merc vehicles are way too fast and perfect for that to be real

I guess my main wish is for the mercs and vehicles to behave more like they would in real life

OWGKID

Slider would require UI scripting to accept those functions along with engine tweaks (the function needs to be tied to the spawn logic I guess). The best idea would be GTA style modding (mod loader .dlls) and script mods based on that frame w@&k.
LEGACY

PZ

Heck, any method that works would be fine with me  ^-^

OWGKID

If we had the tools for the Dunia engine, we could redevelop Far Cry 2 >:D
LEGACY

PZ

OWGKID

Yep, but it's propetiary Ubi tech and they might be moving their engine to a 3rd gen Dunia (I assume full DX12/Vulkan support on par with to-be-released titles this year)
LEGACY

hans_dampf36

PZ sent some good suggestions. However, they cannot be realized in a customizable form of GUI options. All parameters are fixed in the game. Let me comment on some points:

1. Enemy stats like aggressiveness, range and field of view, running and driving speed are written once in a definition regardless of difficulty level. We have to decide on fixed values and test them.
2. Spawns / lifecycles are independent from time. There is no option to couple the spawns with time. They depend on type (local or global state) and distance - when you leave a sector state of the local type is simply forgotten.
3. Spawns in cities wotk with reinforcements. They will be analyzed and maybe changed to end after a while. Currently, reinforcements are infinite.
Anyway, sectors and their objects/spawns cannot be reduced to a certain percentage; they are either loaded fully (local state) or their last known global state is restored. The later means that enemis can be set to simply live once snd die out once killed.

PZ

Thanks for the info Hans  :-X

I didn't think it would be reasonable to do, but asking never hurts  :-()

It still sounds great that merc stats can be changed - that in itself would be a game changer, as would be reinforcement limits as well!

hans_dampf36

To sum up options we have, I name the following points:

1. General enemy behavior is governed by stats or parameters. We have already changed most including the driving speed. Enemy types even vary in their spotting and shooting abilities.

2. We can now change the type and look of enemies in particular areas, sectors - e.g. guard posts or safe houses.

3. Together with the 2nd point we can alter the lifecycle of an enemy - decide on his state being local or global. There are no more realizable options for now.

4. We can even add new enemies in selected areas to some extend (there is no 3D modeling of the sectors, everything is done the 'Matrix-Style' with bits and hex bytes). Thus, creation of new camps is to be limited or even avoided. Enlarging existing areas is eadier to achieve.

hans_dampf36

We are looking forward to your ideas on points 2-4 since these are the main focus now. We may release a summary of enemy models and looks on moddb but that will hardly be possible in completeness, there are just so many options now. In the meantime you can get a first impression when you take a look at the already posted images on moddb. Remember that factions look different now.

Cheers,

Hans

OWGKID

LEGACY

PZ

I can't think of anything you ahve not already thought of, Hans.  I checked the mod site and your pics are quite detailed.  :-X

It should be a great mod!

🡱 🡳