War in the North (LOTR)

Started by spaceboy, October 27, 2011, 07:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Yeah they were pretty confined too, but it kept the story progression smooth, which is important with something like the LOTR. :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

" class="fancybox" title="" data-fancybox="topic">" alt="" />

JRD

Any screen caps? Any vids? I know, on consoles it isn't so easy, but I've seen spaceboy coming up with some great material in the past, so maybe....  ::)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Fiach

Nov 25th UK release, apparently there is a demo on Onlive exclusively, hopefully there will be a demo for the consoles soon. :(

spaceboy

confirmation that the Elf casts a healing aura dome which you can stand under to regain health if you don't have or don't want to use a potion.

The gifting is a nice thing to have in the game, and so far only nice people (it's been silent, no mics yet).  Some dude joined my session and then promptly gave me a nice Sledge Hammer weapon.  So I gave him a chest of coins lol.  Later I needed room in my inventory for a cool mace I looted and so I gave him a small sword.  Also, when a third person wound up joining in I went ahead and gave him something (can't recall) and he gave me something as well.  It's like a nice greeting I guess, or thanks for healing each other etc.  It helps to make a friendly atmosphere and sense of well, Fellowhip I guess.  :)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

nice.. I'm always both astonished and happy to learn about that kind of friendly behaviour.  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Fiach

So far I've played a little past a stone giant, not sure how far this is in game progress. While it is a very good game, it really botches up RPG staples like Inventory, Equipping, Stats and Crafting. But the combat is so well done, its actually forgivable :)

So far I have played the Loremaster and the Ranger (but as a dual sword wielder), which made me notice something, If you complete a level, it tells you how many secrets you found and I was failing dismally, until I noticed that some secrets can only be found by certain characters, so to find them all, you have to play the game through as each character.

If you just go into this game looking for a good hack n slash and are prepared to forgive a certain amount of (lack of) "RPG" polish, you will really enjoy this game I think. :)

Thanks for putting this on my radar spaceboy :)

spaceboy

I'm glad you're enjoying it.  I know it has flaws, but it is a fun game to me.  It got some pretty bad reviews, unfortunately.  I think it might have done better with it's original Sept. release date or even pushed into 2012.  Even me, who was wanting this game for quite awhile and started playing and enjoying it, has put it on the side due to UC3, Arkham City, and Skyrim.  I've only played as the Dwarf so far, prefering the two handed weapons  ;D
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Fiach

Well afaik Snowblind canned most of their staff when it was released, also they released the challenge maps with the game , they were supposed to be DLC, so I guess they were screwed financially and couldnt wait any longer to release the game, so dumped it all on the market as fast as they could.

I'm not crazy about melee, hence I didnt play the dwarf, but I played Loremaster in LOTRO, also I played a Ranger (Bows) and Champion (dual wield) in LOTRO, which when mixed together, they are like the WITN Ranger, so because they are classes that I am very familiar with, they are appealing to me.

The voice acting at times is a bit stilted, but they are trying to impart alot of "lore" in bite sized chunks, so thats forgivable as the amount of lore in "investigative" conversation choices, is quite informative especially if you are not familiar with the settings and if you are familiar, you appreciate the depth of lore imparted by the NPC's.

I think the gfx are quite impressive and immersive, especially in the rendering of locations like Bree and Rivendell, if you ever decide to play LOTRO (its free now), you would feel very much at home. :)

🡱 🡳