What are your favorite places in FC2 and why

Started by PZ, November 03, 2016, 08:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Nex and fragger started talking about the southwest safe house being their favorite place to start, so I thought I'd start a topic where someone could reminisce about their favorite places.  Maybe even how modding changed their game.

My weapon load out is a silent AS50 (truly silent) with greatly extended range and the dart rifle sound. Next is a fully auto AR16 with a large magazine. Finally my favorite weapon made even better - the 6P9 is my favorite (like fragger), but now it is one shot one kill.

My favorite areas in the north are Petro Sahel, the Rail yard, and OCC primarily because I can use the AS50 to knock out most of the mercs from so far away they have no idea where the shot is coming from.

In the south, I like Sefapane because you can perch atop the main building and snipe, fire bomb, and otherwise completely clear the town.  The church tower is also a good place to shoot from.

!

Sepoko in the northeast corner is also a favorite sniping place, as is Weelegol Village

nexor

When I do the Railyard Gas tank mission I approach the Railyard from the east via a passage way between the two mountains, hugging the southern wall, near the yard there's a tree, left of the tree is a space where I get up amongst the rocks to find the perfect vantage point, just keep in mind there is a sniper on one of the roofs.
While sniping the mercs with the AS50 I occasionally put a round into the tank, you can see the gas escaping through the bullet holes, after I put six or seven holes into it I hit it with the GL, BOOOM....... :-D

fragger

Petro Sahel is one of my favourite spots too. There is a large outcrop of rock NE of the site where one can climb up fairly high. It can be accessed from the east and "around the back" as seen from Petro Sahel. Then I can either take out the sniper on the easternmost oil tank, or watch him to pick the right moment to start moving in (he faces east for a while, then he wanders over to the other side of the tank to face west for a minute, then repeats). There are a few rocks and things along the way which can be hidden behind as I move in. Then I'll sneak up the eastern steps of the tank when the sniper moves to the western side and drop him with a 6P9 headshot (from the bottom of the steps you can see the sniper's rifle sticking out when he's on the eastern side. I wait until it disappears and I hear his footsteps as he moves to the west, then I go up). Then I'll start setting stuff alight from up there. There will nearly always be wonderful chain reactions of flammables blowing up - barrels, gas bottles, etc. If you start off a chain reaction with a silent weapon, the mercs will run around in a panic trying to dodge the fires with no idea you're up there causing all the strife.

I also like starting merc wars between the guys at Cock Fights and the nearby guard post. If I'm coming from Pala, I drive hell-for-leather through the guard post and the three mercs there will inevitably chase me up the road - straight into the Cock Fights guys. Then let the mayhem ensue >:D

In my current game I've only just started in the north and there are many places which I'd forgotten about. I remember a few places in the south but I can't recall the whole region in detail. For purely aesthetic value, I like some of the shore areas around the big lake in the south, especially around sunrise/sunset. That can be very pretty :-X

PZ

I had to refer to the maps at the top of the board because I'd not remembered the names of the places  :laugh:

🡱 🡳