The new Nintendo SHIFT

Started by LinkHero, October 21, 2016, 11:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinkHero

This Thursday, Nintendo unveiled what could b the gamebreaker for the PS and the XBOX series: the Nintendo Shift.

Personally, I think its EFFING AWESOME. Pity that no one will buy it for me though. An even bigger pity that I don't have the funds to buy it for myself.

DO check it out, and for those who follow the console war: Nintendo is now the official leader in this race.
I used to have an open mind, but then my brain fell out.
-Random Person.

Binnatics

Don't you mean Switch?

I think it has a high gadget grade, but we'll see :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

LinkHero

Lol...
Srsly, Im so excited that Im making typos everywhere
I used to have an open mind, but then my brain fell out.
-Random Person.

PZ

:laugh: :-X

We all do that from time to time (except maybe AB), LinkHero so you're in good company  :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

Any chance to move this topic to the "Tech" board?

Just watched TB's opinions on it and he is somewhat mixed in his opinion.

Negatives: Now, Nintendo is throwing itself on a paid online service (you can get a free game with this service, but you need to pay monthly or else: Sorry, we locked your free game because you're no longer subscribed to our service!). For now, it lacks features found on the PS+ and Xbox Live's services. Peripherals are supposedly much more costly than equal accessory to the Xbox One/PS4 (70$ for additional controllers/90$ for a dock)  ???? Also, it comes with 32 GB of internal storage only. Storage type is MicroSD cards. I have no idea how they compare to a HDD/SSD, but TB mentioned GoPro cameras had issues with them when it came to access speeds.

Positives: Games target 60 fps (something MS/Sony doesn't care about, heck, the PS4 Pro doesn't do 60fps/4K :laugh:).  You can connect up to 8 Switches together for a console LAN experience. Innovative motion controllers with features like HD Rumble/haptic feedback, motion and gesture control along with gyroscopes. Controllers are supposedly very near a PC mouse in accuracy. Can also be split in half, which might justify their price tag.
LEGACY

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

LEGACY

🡱 🡳