Dart Rifle

Started by LinkHero, October 20, 2016, 07:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinkHero

Hey guys,

I have been trying to increase the magazine size of the Dart Rifle to 5. However, I am experiencing a problem in converting it to semi-automatic.
The dart Rifle still shows the "Load new dart" animation after every shot.

Can anyone help with this issue ??

P. S. Does anyone know how to make the Dart Rifle a bolt-action rifle ? Just for kicks.
I used to have an open mind, but then my brain fell out.
-Random Person.

OWGKID

Download wobatt's hash converter tool, it will translate hex to readable text. Changing PrepareShot to Singleshot should do the trick ;) Look for the "FireRate" section and change FireMode to 0. 0= SingleShot, 1= FullAuto 2= PrepareShot. I gues you would need to switch animations with the M1903 to make it behave like a real bolt action. No clue about how to do so...

The rifle is set to PrepareShot (2) by default.
LEGACY

LinkHero

Thanks for the tip, OWGKID.

Now I can play with the dart rifle the way it was meant to be played.
-Random Person.

OWGKID

LEGACY

LinkHero

Update:

I did as mentioned above, but now the firing sound seems to have vanished for the dart rifle. Did anyone else have this problem ?

On a side note, I now have a truly "silent" sniper rifle :-P
-Random Person.

OWGKID

No, I haven't. This is my code for my dart rifle

<object type="FireRate">
              <value name="fBusyDuration" type="Float">0</value>
              <value name="iFireRate" type="Float">1200</value>
              <value name="selFireRateMode" type="UInt32">0</value>
              <object type="enumFireRateMode">
                <object type="enum">
                  <value name="Value" type="String">SingleShot</value>
                </object>
                <object type="enum">
                  <value name="Value" type="String">FullAuto</value>
                </object>
                <object type="enum">
                  <value name="Value" type="String">PrepareShot</value>
                </object>
              </object>
            </object>

You probably edited the "iBurstLenght" value, which messes up the gun sounds (hard-coded to that I guess). Set it to 0
LEGACY

PZ

I don't recall the coding, but I used the dart sound and silent characteristics for the AS50, so I know changing the sounds and firing characteristics can be done. I also changed the AR-16 from the ridiculous 3 round burst to full auto, and did not even need to change the firing sound. Changing the clip maximum to a 400 round magazine made it fun  >:D

nexor

I did the same on my AS50 PZ, but then I discovered it doesn't w@&k because the mercs know exactly where I am when firing a shot, not like with the dart gun   :(
I only increased the clip of the AR-16 to 90, the full auto and increased clip mod makes it a mean gun  :-D 

OWGKID

There is a parameter that states how far the sound is heard in-game. Lowering tha value would make it silent. I had to do this in FC3 to silence my AMR  >:D
LEGACY

nexor

Since I did the silent mod on the AS50, someone came up with a better and more effective mod, I think I still have the details somewhere

PZ

When I changed the AS50 to silent, I also changed something about merc awareness of the weapon, and I also changed the range. I can now fire so far away they literally have no idea where the shots come from, and do not even alert unless they see one of their dead friends. I think it works perfectly for me.

Art Blade

yours did for me, too  ^-^
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

🡱 🡳