Hype? Or something coming up from over yonder?

Started by Binnatics, October 17, 2016, 12:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

Remaster or a new game in the franchise? Hmm, will be interesting to see, but it must definitely be related to the Red Dead series. Or, just a teaser for a cowboy DLC for GTA Online  8-X
LEGACY

PZ

It does look like Red Dead.  Goofy game, but I liked it.

Binnatics

It's real. Coming to Xbox One and PS4 in fall 2017. No words about a PC release though...

official trailer will be launched this thursday :)

I think I'll have to ask for a PS4 this Christmas :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

If you want a PS4, get the Pro version at least. The model features a more powerful GPU than the base model. Or wait for a PC announcement. I guess they are doing a GTA V, consoles first, then move to our beloved platform  ^-^
LEGACY

Binnatics

I hope so GKID, but I'm not sure. They didn't do that with the first Red Dead, although it was a super popular game and many ppl begged for it to come to PC. It now may be easy to release a PC version as well, since the next gen consoles have the same architecture as PC, but still.  :-\\

OWGKID

It also depends on the studio, I believe San Diego never did any PC development at all. Hopefully, they get the team behind GTA V PC to do the port :)
LEGACY

OWGKID

LEGACY

Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

Here's the supposedly leaked map of the RDR sequel. Apparently, New Bordeaux from Mafia III makes a return. The entire area also seems to be set east of the OG Red Dead map.

I wonder how the game will play on the consoles, considering the new PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio (launching in the same time frame as RDR2) support 4K res and the "older" generation barely run games at 1080p.

I hope Rockstar use Vulkan/DX12 in their potential PC version as the APIs have very exciting features and R* know how to take advantage of hardware. GTA V runs like a charm across various systems (despite being DX11). Heck, an ancient ATI GPU from 2005 can run it at 720p. Also, mods  >:D I wouldn't mind walking around with a RPG, Minigun, .50 cal sniper and a M4A1/AK-47 in the Wild West :-D
LEGACY

PZ

I'm definitely interested in this one - I really liked the original RDR

OWGKID

The original RDR is backwards compatible with the Xbox One, much to the envy of PS4 users  >:D Too bad that Sony decided to use a server-like super computer CPU in the PS3...
LEGACY

Binnatics

The priginal RDR is available now for PS4 and PC even because you can 'stream' it somehow through "playstation now". I don't know exactly how it works and I don't think it's something close to playable on PC, however here is the announcement:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60054/Red-Dead-Redemption-and-Undead-Nightmare-Coming-December-6th-to-PS-Now

I tested the link to PSNow but didn't find much working, anyway it is available :)

OWGKID

Nice, but still, not the best way to do backwards compability. You also need to be subscribed to it (you need to pay) for that service...
LEGACY

🡱 🡳