Bikers DLC BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!

Started by Binnatics, October 08, 2016, 10:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Dear fellow LS Dwellers,

With the new DLC called Bikers, free as usual, we have got some wonderful upgrades to purchase and enjoy. To start with, is the long awaited 6th garage. It's not actually a garage, but you can store 10 bikes in it, so it works like an exclusive kind of garage; The Clubhouse.
And of course we have a collection of new bikes with additional cool upgrade possibilities comparable to the Lowrider DLC which is truly marvellous. But:

Along with the Bikers DLC also comes a huge amount of new Business Opportunities... A way of setting up a proper crime organization just like the CEO stuff, but this time based on a Biker Gang with Biker style, all being set up from, here it comes, the new Biker Clubhouse. That 6th garage is great, but DO realise it's also the base of what should be a headquarters for a huge crime syndicate. And that is what I want to warn you for...

As soon as you buy your nice new clubhouse, which isn't too expensive and, even with full upgrades, will only cost you around a million, (DON'T BUY THE CUSTOMS MECHANIC BECAUSE HE ANNOYS THE s#!t OUT OF YOU!!!) a guy will start contacting you about the wonderful Dark Net laptop he installed on your desk. He will keep calling you, sending you pm's and emails, about business opportunities you wouldn't want to miss. And those business opportunities is where the s#!t begins.
You can buy factories; Coke labs, Meth production facilities, Weed farms; you can buy counterfeit facilities and money press facilities all in order to become, yes you are already expecting this, to become rich!
These factories won't cost you a fortune either. A bit depending on the location you choose, they will be around a million as well. Not much if you compare that to the warehouses we bought being a CEO, which cost up to 3.2 million. So you buy your Weed farm, and start growing weed. Then you see the possibility to buy upgrades for that farm; security upgrades, extra personnel, better equipment; you can easily spend another 1.5 million upgrading your farm into a proper big-time weed production. When you start growing and selling the weed, you will notice these upgrades are very handy. They will assure you from a higher price of the product and the process will speed up, something that is really nice. Because they do grow sloooow, these marihuana plants.
So there you go, you already spent 2.5 million on that farm. And then you find out, that after hours of waiting and bringing supplies, a full stock of product will only grant you 250k. And of course you have to deliver that stuff. And opposite the CEO stuff, here it's damn difficult to do the deliveries all by yourself. So you will need prospects to help you deliver the stuff. Could be fun of course, but what I liked so much about the CEO business, is that I could do everything on my own, in an empty server without other players trying to sour my satisfaction :-D
So you will have yo spend hours and hours to earn enough money to get your investments back. And now comes the worst part; while busy in free roam (sort of) bringing in supplies or doing whatever a MC president likes to do, you have to pay for maintaining the business. Probably those poor Mexican shmucks who w@&k in your farm need money, and you have to pay them. Okay, sounds fair, but here's something you should know:
I bought all 5 production facilities and had to pay up to 27k each 48 minutes (in-game 24 hours)!!!!
I was busy all day supplying the factories, paying shitloads of money, and when it was finally time to do a sale, I didn't succeed in doing the entire sale on my own, so I lost product and got less money. Thing is; where as a CEO you get to deliver a max of 3 vehicles on a big sale, here you can get up to 4 vehicles. And those vehicles aren't properly upgraded and usually slow as thick poop. Imagine you have to drive a Post-op Van from Paleto Bay towards LS to do 5 deliveries, then call in your Buzzard to the nearest airfield, rush back to Paleto and pick the next Post op Van to do another 5 deliveries AGAIN in LS, you will go crazy overtime.

I paid around 12 million to get 5 factories up and running and I had to pay 27k per 48 minutes of gaming. I only got something like 1 million of cash out of the sales, which all were boring, repetitive and frustrating, and when I wanted to get rid of the s#!t, because I was so annoyed by the constant calls from my Biker Club Assistant, I found out I couldn't. You will be stuck with these factories forever. You can dismantle them, in order to stop paying the daily costs, but they will remain there without any use.

So: DON'T BUY BIKER BUSINESS!!!! It's useless. A constant drain of money, without giving you any fun, features or 'getting rich' in return.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

This DLC really needs some serious bug fixes. An expensive mural which keeps reverting itself to default, the blue activation corona for arranging bikes in one's own clubhouse has disappeared, the concrete floor looks as if it hadn't dried yet (bikes sink in) and so on.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

These bikers sound like they put in longer w@&k days than real CEOs. When do they ever find time to ride their bikes?

I actually have a different kind of gripe about that DLC - well, with all the updates that have come from Rockstar, actually.

I went to fire up GTA V last week and got stuck with a huge update. It was late at night and the update was going to take the best part of an hour to download, so I postponed it and went off to do something else.

Yesterday I let the update continue, took about an hour. Finally, thought I, maybe now I can play.

But nope - another GB-heavy update started coming down. Another @#$%& hour of waiting.

Finally, got it done. Play now? Please? No - I first have to wait for yet a third update to download and install.

At this point I said stuff it and gave up.

It annoys the daylights out of me that these huge DLCs are all for the multiplayer game, which I'm not interested in, but I still have to sit through hours of download time for updates which I will never see and are useless to me. Why can't RS specify that a particular update is for multiplayer only and give you the choice of bypassing it if it MP is not your bag?

Now the trouble is that if I ever want to fire up the game again in future, say in a month or two from now, I'll probably have nearly a whole evening's worth of downloading waiting for me - and it will all be for stuff I'll never use.

Art Blade

essentially almost everyone in the industry is apparently convinced that broadband internet is some sort of mass medium or in other words, that everyone has got access to fast internet. Which isn't exactly true.

And indeed, at the same time, almost everyone in the industry is apparently convinced that all players want nothing more than to play multiplayer online. Which isn't exactly true, either.

As to GTA V, Rockstar refers to the single player game as "GTA V" while the online game is referred to as "GTA online." Without "V" as if GTA IV (yes, "four") didn't have an online part.

When you fire up the game, there's a prompt asking you whether to start GTA online OR the story mode (single player, offline). Even if you start the story mode and want to go online from there, you have to quit the story mode in order to go online and, you can tell by a massive loading time for the online part, you are obviously loading a separate game, indeed. It does look different and does have a different setup, traffic (variety, density) being the most notable sign of it.

Funny enough, if you decide to start online straight away, you do load the single player offline part but skip the menu where to choose which "online" mode to play. Omitting that, it sends you straight into a public online session. Which is what I hate, because the private online bit, called "invite only" or even "solo" is only accessible if you are in the single player pause menu. I can't fire up the game and go straight into an invite only session, I have to choose single player, start that game, go into the pause menu and only then I can select Go Online which opens a sub-menu from which to choose the non-public online modes.

So, if there are two games, then there should be an "opt out" as in "uninstall" for the online version. And then updates that are exclusively online-related should only be offered if the online version is actually installed. There shouldn't be any link between on- and offline game modes so you could actually choose what you want to install. And in my case, I'd appreciate an option to choose which online mode I want to play and go there straight rather than having to go through all that nonsense.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

They would need to build two separate .exes then. I assume it is too late, but I guess they probably wanted to keep everything unified so one could easily switch between SP/MP.

What GTA VI would need: Dedicated servers. P2P is generally not cool on any games for that matter. Players should also be able to buy their own server so we could create mods and use them in MP without risking a ban. The server settings should also be highly configurable.
LEGACY

PZ

I'm with you fragger,

For the most part, I am not gaming enough to get online to do MP, so when I start a game, I expect it to run right away without update foolishness. I liked the old way of simply bypassing the update to play.

Art Blade

the old way wasn't without updates. But you would get them on a CD that came with your favourite game mag (printed on paper) :-D

🡱 🡳