Mods list

Started by Dweller_Benthos, September 01, 2016, 09:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

I'm going to post here some mods I think people might be interested in.

First up, Remove Pirates.

http://nomansskymods.com/mods/better-game-better-life/

It does a few other things too, but that's the biggie. Haven't tested personally, YMMV.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Binnatics

Wow, cool D_B! I bet you're going to make some ppl happy with that mod! I myself haven't encountered a single pirate yet, as I am still in my second system. To me the same thing happened as to Art; no hassle in space and stay in the first 2: no pirates. I am looking forward to meeting them though, as soon as I got my ship loaded with weaponry that is :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

cool, D_B.. I think I know who is going to be the first to test the anti-pirate mod.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

I'm crunched for time leading up to the holiday weekend, I'll post the rest of the ones I personally use next week probably, just to have everything in one place.
D_B

Art Blade

I already downloaded the anti-pirates mod, just to be on the safe side.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Thanks muchly D_B :)

I'm thinking of getting the anti-pirate one, but with fully upgraded weapons and shields the pirates aren't such a problem any more. I took out 16 of them in one battle last night with only minor shield damage (I had to repair on the fly a few times, but it was well and truly manageable since the pirates were attacking in twos and threes, not en masse). And you do get increased standing with the system's race when you defeat the pirates, so I might stick with the default for now. Nice to know that mod is available though if I get sick to death of pirates (which I probably will at some point).

Art Blade

I installed the anti-pirate mod. Just one file, added to existing ones, doesn't replace anything.

And it works just nicely  :-X :)

However, doesn't help if you get into a scripted event such as a space battle or distress signal in space. But you can refuse to help (ignore it) and just repair the occasional dent in your shields (replenish shields with oxides) if you get hit on the fly (apparently that's part of those events) and that's it. :)

Art Blade

http://nomansskymods.com/mods/make-upgrades-and-fueling-completely-free/

This mod should help anyone who would like to experiment with adjacency bonuses by rearranging upgrades, also getting a ship up to speed by installing all upgrades that you've got blueprints for, same goes for exosuit and multi-tool upgrades..

..without ANY resources needed.

I might actually try this mod as I like to experiment with arrangements and getting new ships. This will simply save a LOT of time gathering more or less rare materials. :)

Edit: It also makes buying ships obsolete. You just "accept" a new ship, for free. ???  :laugh: :-X

You can actually build whatever blueprint you've got, without any resources. So, pick a ship, accept it, and slap in your components, rearrange them if needed, and go  :-X ??? :)

Another funny side effect, dismantling will still give you 50% of the resources which means you could make money selling them. But money.. what do we need money for with this mod?  ??? :)

Edit: doesn't w@&k with no pirates mod. However, reparing and recharging is just a click. :-D

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

it is. :-()

I even had a space distress signal popping up so I neatly arranged my guns and whatnot that hadn't been in my ship (why.. no pirates mod..) and I went for it. Shields hit? No problem. One click, recharged. :-D

Same goes for Black Holes.. I was SO fed up with repairing essential elements of my ship that I lost all interest in using black holes. Now.. Pop out of a black hole jump, "Hyperdrive critically damaged" -- so what, click on it, repaired. Done. Next, please.  :-X :laugh:

NOW THE FUN HAS BEGUN! >:D

Art Blade

This one might be interesting:

http://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/146/?

Quote_MOD_DismantleCoreTech

This mod allows to dismantle core technologies on Exosuit, Ship and Multitool so you can for example get those pesky Jetpack synergies perfected. ;)

Packed mod that uses NMS_REALITY_GCTECHNOLOGYTABLE.MBIN so won't be compatible with anything that does as well.

Installation: unzip and copy the pak file into your NMS game directory under GAMEDATA/PCBANKS/

IMPORTANT: Don't dismantle essential core tech until you have found their respective blueprints. This happens late in game after you have discovered most of the tech upgrades. I will check into enabling those from the start, but until then this advice is essential.

Small Game Handling BUG: Dismantling the Deflector Shield of your ship while you are inside, will cause a CTD. Same goes for entering a ship that has no Deflector Shield module anymore.

Art Blade

it works.. :) combined with the no resources mod, it's just playing around rather than impossible and a chore. :-D

you only need 30 slots. If you can find a ship with 5x6, that is. :-D
[smg id=9237 type=preview align=center caption="oranised ship"]

Lots of icons, I know.. but I reckon you'll be able to fathom out my reasons behind those structures.
[smg id=9238 type=preview align=center caption="organised exosuit"]

Binnatics

Nice! All these environmental upgrades are adjacent to your suit, cleaver! :)

Gotta get me those mods. They very remind me of that weapon mod in BL2 :-()

Binnatics

Got them both; free refuel etc. and dismantlecoretech :)

Art Blade

it's just so much more fun now. :-D

Dweller_Benthos

Which one lets you add slots to a multi-tool, like we were talking about in chat?
D_B

Art Blade

http://nomansskymods.com/mods/no-mans-sky-save-editor-beta/

I only used it for ship slots count. And then I decided to use it to get that one last fricking health module along with those atlas passes. I also tried to make a ship's health count higher but the tool crashed and the save got corrupted.

QuoteFeatures

Currently editable:
- Health
- Shield
- Units
- Ship health
- Multi-Tool ammo
- Ship type and seed
- Weapon seed
- Known tech
- Known products
- Ship, exosuit, and weapon slot count

Planned:
- Full-featured player inventory editor
- Full-featured ship inventory editor
- Known words
- Weapon inventory slot count

Dweller_Benthos

Cool, I'll take a look at that, thanks.
D_B

Art Blade

welcome -- have fun  :)

Dweller_Benthos

Can't add any more slots to the multi-tool, 24 is the max, it just jumps back to that if you make it any higher. So no putting a maxed out mining beam and a boltcaster on it.

Worked OK for making my ship 48 slots though. But it does feel cheaty.
D_B

Art Blade

who cares  ^-^ As long as you have fun, it's all that matters.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I'm not letting it bother me too much, lol.
D_B

🡱 🡳