Battlefield 1

Started by PZ, May 11, 2016, 06:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

OWGKID

Yep, sounds interesting, WWI wasn't the most mobile war in modern history (trench fighting), but tanks and planes changed the game later. Graphics seems to be on par with SW: BF (photogrammetry makes textures look gorgeous on high resolutions (extremely photorealistic)). I hope the game supports D3D12/Vulkan, EA's CFO said on his twitter that WDDM 2.0/DX12 should be minimum requirements for AAA titles in the end of 2016.

FYI, the BF1 trailer has 1.2 million likes and the new CoD game (Infinite Warfare's trailer has 1 million dislikes) :laugh:
LEGACY

nexor

OWGKID

Open beta for the game is beginning on 31st August or 21st if you sign up for the Insider program :)
LEGACY

PZ

OWGKID

Some gameplay videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcPJSmzZvfk Sinai Desert map from RelaxingEnd (Finnish streamer/youtuber)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PjdFBr1LIM 40 minutes of alpha gameplay (LevelCapGaming)

LEGACY

OWGKID

Just played the game yesterday.

Runs very well on my setup, I can run everything on Ultra/Very High. Something that bugs me are the audio options and an incorrectly numbered resolution scale slider (Default is 42 %, which is your default res. Users cranked it up to 100 (Which is actually double of your default res. Obviously, it will make your PC cry if it can't handle it.

Audio option is just 1 slider. I guess it is likely to have separate sliders for music/voice/gun sounds etc in the full game, but for now, that's the only thing available. HUD elements can of course be toggled on/off separately and colorblind options are there as well.

Other than that, there's a huge amouth of controller options (PS4/Xbox controllers supported by default) and they can be remapped as well. Not sure if there are limits to that, haven't checked it yet.

Download size= 7.10 GB
LEGACY

PZ

Quote from: OWGKID7891 on September 02, 2016, 12:09:02 PM
Download size= 7.10 GB

:o  That would take me a couple of days to download

OWGKID

Well, I had to use 14 hours to download... The internet on the school messed up causing the download speed to go down to a measly 150-300 Kbs download... Usually sits around 8.3 MB/s (100/100 Mb/s line).

I expect the full game to be 60+ GB (pretty common now for this generation of games) Unfortunately, no retail version will be available in the US for PC :(
LEGACY

OWGKID

System specs:

The minimum spec:

• Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
    Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    Graphics card (Nvidia): Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB

The recommended spec:

• Processor (AMD): AMD FX 8350 Wraith
    Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790 or equivalent
  • Memory: 16GB RAM
  • Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
    Graphics card (Nvidia): Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
  • DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
  • Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
  • Available Disk Space: 50GB

I assume recommended are for DX12 and 1080p maxed out.
LEGACY

PZ

Well, I couldn't play even if I could do a reasonable download - my Internet is way too slow.

OWGKID

Unfortunately, no retail copy on PC for North America.
LEGACY

OWGKID

Just watched TB's video of BF1 SP. His view: immersion breaking and an unrealistic portrayal of WW1 ( how can a 1918's era plane use rockets?!)  ????

In one of the missions:
Spoiler: ShowHide
You walk in a steel armour suit (a la Juggernaut armour from CoD) and single-handely take down an enemy artillery position. Also, you are basically a one man superman army through the game...

Just buy the game for MP, campaign mode in BF games (except for Bad Company) are blatant laziness. Even CoD 1 from 2003 have a better campaign than this... People also claims this is the best campaign ever.

I would say I like the MP, 32v32 players provides some hectic anti-infantry/anti-vehicle action :)

Graphically, very impressive  :)

LEGACY

nexor

Thanks for the heads up GKID, the only game from the Battlefield franchise I enjoy is Bad Company 2, I was told Bad Company was also good, unfortunately it wasn't developed for pc's  :-\\

🡱 🡳