Video: Los Angeles (20 minutes HD) - see the "real Los Santos"

Started by Art Blade, January 27, 2016, 10:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Care should be taken whenever visiting any foreign city, really. There aren't many cities in the world that are free of opportunistic lowlifes who will target apparent newcomers.

Geez, I don't want to scare you off Gkid :) You're an intelligent and sensible person, you'll be just fine 8) It's the fools who go on stupid and draw attention to themselves with idiot behaviour that bring trouble down on themselves. Some of them might as well wear a fluorescent tee-shirt with "I AM A CLUELESS TOURIST" printed on it in big letters, front and back :-()

OWGKID

I know, but yeah, you should always take care when visiting a foreign country.  ;) I hope I don't experience any troubles down there  ^-^ Just found out that there is a Microcenter located 1 hour from the airport. Definitely going there to find some good deals on hardware  :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

So, are you planning to travel back on board of a container ship? :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

LEGACY

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

Going to stay here in SF. Located very close to shopping centers/restaurants according to Google maps ^-^ JUST 3 WEEKS

Not sure where we are going to stay in LA, will get to that later ;)
LEGACY

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

Yep, the goal there is to get an insight in the computer world by visiting Silicon Valley (Google, Facebook and the other large companies) :)
LEGACY

Art Blade

OWGKID

LEGACY

PZ

fragger

Bet you're getting exited now, GKID :) :-X

For some reason, San Francisco and Sydney are known as "sister cities". I can't for the life of me see any resemblance whatsoever, apart from the fact that both cities are located next to large bodies of water, each has an iconic bridge, and each has an abandoned prison in its harbour. San Francisco Bay is immense compared to Port Jackson, Sydney Harbour Bridge is dwarfed by the Golden Gate and is of a totally different design (plus the Harbour Bridge is right smack in the CBD while the Golden Gate isn't), Alcatraz Island has a large and relatively recent prison on it while tiny Fort Denison goes back to colonial times, Sydney is flat while Frisco is hilly, the city layouts are completely unalike, Sydney is on an east coast while Frisco is on a west one, Sydney has a thriving beach culture while Frisco doesn't, and the prevailing climate is different. And of course they're in opposing hemispheres.

Other than that, yeah, they're dead ringers for one another... ::)

OWGKID

LEGACY

🡱 🡳