I've been banned for spamming

Started by miquelagreste, July 29, 2015, 02:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miquelagreste

I've been banned by this community for spamming.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

:-D yes indeed and I really appreciate that you helped :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

No prob. I report spammers on the Minecraft forums a couple times a week. Though once on the Technic forums I reported a bunch of spams that were apparently from the same person, and got scolded for it, I guess I should automatically know that you only need to report a person once, I guess. Oh well, I don't go on there too often.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

Art Blade

you guys don't have to worry here. If you want to report someone, I don't care how often you do it as long as you don't become a spammer yourself doing it and I'd hate to have you banned for it.

:laugh:

Seriously, I see a report message and the post reported and then there are three options: comment, ignore, close. Which means I can leave a comment for someone else so he could do the wet w@&k, generally ignore the case so someone else may give it a go, or close it so the report disappears from the list. Obviously, I first go to the member's database entry and ban him. Then I read the post he wrote and delete or change it. Oh wait, I first read it and then ban him :-() Once banned, I close the case. Done.

Just keep it coming, it will keep PZ and me on our toes  :-()

Binnatics

:laugh:

Keep it coming D_B! I did it myself recently as well, I hate people spamming our forums with worthless propaganda.  :-X 8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

:-D

Yep -- you two are the first guys who created reports I actually noticed. More precisely, I found the two culprits on my own, changed their posts and banned them. The first report must have automatically created an email which I only found because I was waiting for a mail from Rockstar support -- I barely use my email account. By the time I saw it, I had already banned the ba$t@rd. Then the second one, by D_B, was the first one that actually made me see a little "report(1)" on the forum interface. I guess PZ had already closed Binnatics's report as it wasn't there (anymore) when I checked the one from D_B. Before, either PZ or I were the ones who detected spammers even before anyone could report them. We usually delete their posts but this time I decided to keep it as a little warning for potential new candidates as well as a source of entertainment for you lot ^-^

fragger

It is entertaining to watch spammers getting shot - er, shut - down >:D

Art Blade

hehe, I can imagine :) It's probably a tad more entertaining to personally get that job done: when I see such a post my first reaction is, "what the.. oh, you cheeky ba$t@rd." It is commonly followed by a big grin when I hit the "ban" button  :-()

PZ

:laugh: :-X

We appreciate the help keeping our forum spam free  ^-^

It still amazes me that spammers think they are going to find a sucker on OWG to actually respond to their foolishness.  Evidently they do not take the time to test the "flavor" of the conversations here.

fragger

Indeed, it would seem that they do not. Ignoramuses ::)

Art Blade

oh man. I just remembered a nickname given to me by you guys many moons ago for getting rid of spammers: "The Hammer."  :laugh:

fragger

Art Blade

🡱 🡳