Assassins Creed Syndicate.

Started by Stiku, May 12, 2015, 01:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I guess Ubi is doing a world tour with each new game in a different city

JRD

Looks stunning for a pre alpha game!  :-X

As kong as Ubi can deliver a finished game it will be great or, in other words, it will suck  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Doesn't "pre-alpha" in Ubi-speak mean ready to release?  ????

Art Blade

it means it has passed the final QA test run.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on May 14, 2015, 04:29:02 AM
it means it has passed the final QA test run.

Can't be - we haven't been able to purchase it - that's the final QA test run  8-X

Art Blade

ah, cool. So they can cut that corner now. No QA needed in house. Outsourced and client-side, instead.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Yup, as in "pay me to play the unfinished game and then pay me again so I can fix it. And then... DLC!"

Stiku

Now they are asking money for the DLC's upfront as a "season pass"  :D
Ubi is releasing games that are more like showcases or technical demo's rather than games, like apple products, they barely hold it together when demonstrating them.

PZ

Indeed - just so they can say they were the "first"

JRD

Still.... the graphics on that clip make me want to play that game really bad!!! ::)  :D

PZ

OWGKID

Quote from: PZ on May 13, 2015, 11:09:26 PM
Doesn't "pre-alpha" in Ubi-speak mean ready to release?  ????

Nice one :laugh: :-X
LEGACY

PZ

Well, I played for a couple of hours last night - long enough to get to the part as in most AC games where the Ubisort presents... phrase pops up and title unique music plays.  I have to say that I must eat my prior sarcastic comments regarding this game.

A few impressions:

• Free run mechanics are better than they have been in any prior game - running up (and down) structures is flawless so far.  Gone are the flatter faces of the buildings and structures (at least in the initial parts) and I have yet to find a spot that I could not climb.  Running down is as fun as running up with the acrobatics animations. I've not yet experience the frustration of trying to escape and running into an invisible obstacle or clunky control feel. This is the easiest I have ever experienced a console controller.
  • Fighting is similar to prior games, but somewhat easier in some aspects. You still attack, deflect, and avoid strikes like before, but an icon appears above foes heads indicating which button you should press.
  • Mini map as before, but the options menu has options to control what you see.
  • I LOVE the foe position indicator which in addition to indicating the relative horizontal position to you, also has a sound meter that indicates the vertical position of your enemy as well as how close they are (indicated by the magnitude of the sound wave)
  • Movement is very fluid - taking cover in stealth mode works very well so far.  Moving around was the most lifelike I have seen in any AC game, and there were so many structures and other objects to hide behind, it was easy to ambush a curious enemy as he was searching for you.
  • You play as one of two twins, and I must say that they actually feel like they have different personalities and abilities.

In short, the game is as the reviews claim - the best since AC2 which was my favorite of the series.  I've not experienced any bugs so far, although I am only just past the introductory sequences (there are two full sequences which already get you money and XP)

I know most of you chaps will not get this game, but do consider it when it hits bargain basement - it appears to be a refreshing return to what the AC series originally was.  If I continue to enjoy the game as much as the first few hours, I'll likely spend the money to get the PC version for the better graphics.

OWGKID

Sounds good, but I'm a little worried about the PC port  8-X (yes, looking at YOU, Unity >:((...)
LEGACY

PZ

I'm still on the fence, especially because FO4 is coming out this Tuesday (PC version is what I'm after).  If Syndicate turns out as good as it feels right now, then I'll take the chance if PC version reviews are good.

🡱 🡳