Funny details

Started by Binnatics, June 02, 2014, 08:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

So much to discover, so much to see. I thought this game deserves its own funny detail topic.  :)

Here are a few I captured along the way which I haven't yet posted somewhere else:

My shadow at the bottom of the sea when swimming:
[smg id=7064]

Babushka, Babuskha, Babushka jaja ;D
[smg id=7065]

Inspirational ????
[smg id=7066]

Lenin's face on the wall
[smg id=7067]

Jay-Z?? Nooo, DayZ!!!
Spoiler: ShowHide
But what does the Magna Carta have to do with that ????

[smg id=7068]

Working portable stove
[smg id=7069]
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

nice idea :) I remember when you discovered that Lenin portrait on that house, quite a moment. :) I find your shadow in the water funny, looks like a frog.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Great idea, BinnZ  :-X
+1

It was very entertaining when we did this in FC2

Art Blade

I had that pic in the main topic before you started this topic, so I just quote myself  :-()
Quote from: Art Blade on May 29, 2014, 03:50:18 PM
Picture of the DayZ

The Cyrillic letters transcribe "Fast Food"  :laugh:
[smg id=7039 type=preview align=center caption="DayZ 113"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

The "Fast Food" sign gave me a giggle when I first saw it earlier.  I had to show it to Mrs. mandru to explain why I was laughing.  :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I first saw it and thought it looked weird, then I just read the letters and started to laugh, I was there with the guys near me and I had to show it to them in-game. It was hysterical :-()

Binnatics

Indeed an excellent detail, good that you posted it here!! :-X :)

The following isn't really a funny detail but at least a remarkable one. You may have to enlarge the pictures, but look at the little differences. I took these screenies with about 3 or 4 minutes in between:
[smg id=7070]
[smg id=7071]
[smg id=7072]
[smg id=7073]
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

the world looks great, light, clouds, colours.. but I hate the rain that seems to "surprise" us with short moments of dry weather.

PZ

fragger

:-X Reminds me of FC2 - an actual moving sun!

Binnatics

Yep, nothing wrong with the reality in this realm ^-^

Binnatics

Some more funny details, and another truck ride, which lead to disaster. Game crash - Bambi respawn on return :D :D :D
I'm not going to tell you about all the good loot I had in my backpack :angel:

But good pictures after all ^-^

Camel cigarettes:
[smg id=7493]

An empty lake:
[smg id=7494]

A crane in one of the new towns in the north:
[smg id=7495]

V3S ready to go:
[smg id=7496]

The dashboard; these meters really w@&k. You will always find the truck almost empty (good to travel 10 miles, then you need to refuel)
[smg id=7497]

Driving a truck is really cool:
[smg id=7498]

Emptiness:
[smg id=7499]

Art Blade

nice pics :) And that emptiness makes me want to go in again if there weren't all the other things that keep me from doing it.

PZ

Interesting... the "emptiness" is why I loved FC2 so much.  Sure, there were plenty of mercs, but only you and your buddy were friendly.  Wandering the FC2 world was truly wandering alone, which for some reason is what I like.

fragger

Cool pics Binn :-X It's a pretty good-looking game.

Interesting that you have to refuel the truck. Vehicles in most games never seem to run out of fuel.

JRD

Nice pics Binn.

This game takes place in a fictional eastern Europpean country named Chernarus which is the same place ArmA II takes place. The graphics seems to be improved from AramAII. I assume this is the w@&k done for ArmAIII and it looks great.

I love the idea of having that whole world to explore but I'm no fan of MMO's. I could give it a try one day but I am afraid I would be doing a lot of solo exploration - kind of an "I am legend" kind of feel - as I usually have several days between long gaming sessions.

I am definitely interested in this game even though zombie/horror/survival games are not my cup of tea.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

same here JRD but I was forced to play it ("here's your gift so I don't have to play it all by myself, now play with me" lol) which was fun when we were between two and five friends at the time and all of us using a conference voice chat. And then the player-killers and cheaters came in numbers.

JRD

Yup... that's one of the reasons I don't like MMO's... cheaters and campers. I tend to take some time to adjust to the game environment, controls and features and I sure like to stop and watch the horizon on an open world game (and an ocasional sunset too  ::) ) so I'm a sitting duck to those pricks.  :angry-new:

Beasides i am alys under the impression I will be playing against a mod of 13 y.o. brats who are just rushing through the game and shooting everything that moves... no fun in that for me.

What I like the most about the little I saw of this game is that this seems to be a true survival game. No scripted missions, no levels, no boss fights, nothing... just an post-apocalyptic world where you have to stay alive. This sounds revolutionary in the gaming world  :-X The Chernarus map I know from ArmAII is amazingly beautyful and open. No barriers, no invisible walls no inaccessible areas... nothing to stop you from exploring. It was kind of an empty world though but the developers are known to make simulations very realistic and fully populated worlds like in Assassin's Creed or Far Cry games are not what you can expect from them.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Binnatics

Quote from: JRD on December 16, 2014, 02:51:35 AM
Yup... that's one of the reasons I don't like MMO's... cheaters and campers. I tend to take some time to adjust to the game environment, controls and features and I sure like to stop and watch the horizon on an open world game (and an ocasional sunset too  ::) ) so I'm a sitting duck to those pricks.  :angry-new:

Beasides i am alys under the impression I will be playing against a mod of 13 y.o. brats who are just rushing through the game and shooting everything that moves... no fun in that for me.

What I like the most about the little I saw of this game is that this seems to be a true survival game. No scripted missions, no levels, no boss fights, nothing... just an post-apocalyptic world where you have to stay alive. This sounds revolutionary in the gaming world  :-X The Chernarus map I know from ArmAII is amazingly beautyful and open. No barriers, no invisible walls no inaccessible areas... nothing to stop you from exploring. It was kind of an empty world though but the developers are known to make simulations very realistic and fully populated worlds like in Assassin's Creed or Far Cry games are not what you can expect from them.

I don't think you will run in too many 13 y.o. acne faces. They don't have the patience to get a proper loadout together. You really have to spend at least an hour before you are in the possession of something to properly shoot bullets with it.

And I haven't come across cheaters since the 0.50 release. Maybe they are still there, but the weird "know-where-other-players-are" cheat is definitely not working anymore. I would have not stayed that long experimenting if such a thing would have happened to me a single time again. So far I've only been killed once by another player, when I bumped into a truck with two kitted out pirates, when I was driving a truck myself. On one other occasion I got shot at by another player, when I was running along some power lines in plain sight. So nothing out of the ordinary.

🡱 🡳