CHEATS

Started by Art Blade, April 18, 2009, 02:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

sounds like that was a brutal surprise for you. You did the right thing for you, play how you like it :)

What you experienced with that screen going weird is your stamina was down to zero -  you lost your breath and were going to faint due to running exceedingly. If you walk for a couple of moments you recover and can run again (but not immediately, it's like gee, give him a break :) ) The trainer can preserve your stamina which you were obviously used to.

And indeed, the jumps are a sorry excuse of a jump. And climbing is mostly impossible, that is due to how the developers designed the environment - if you climb where you are not supposed to, the graphic engine gets into trouble because you see too far and too much stuff has to be calculated. So that is a precaution in order to maintain a proper view. You surely have seen parts of the area float in the air, or looking weird in a way, if you jump on high places and check the horizon all around you.

Mercs being hard to hit and not dying instantly is something that usually is helping realism and suspense. It is balanced though: Mercs can't kill you with a single shot either. Basically what you are going to love is the ignoreplayer cheat. You're going to have a stress-free life, since they'll never get close to posing a threat to you. No need to run and to jump or to dodge bullets (much).

The 1000+ diamonds you stated is not the true value the game has stored internally. I noticed that the trainer did not make the game count them right in the prior versions (haven't tested the 1.03 trainer version with diamonds) but the readme of prior trainers explicitly warned about the 900+ barrier. I once exceeded that barrier without trainer, using artmoney (with which I can control three different diamond counters and make the game count and show it right) and the game crashed. The problem is, if you don't know the correct amount you might run into problems later in the game... Hope you don't.

I don't think you're not playing the game right or that you are generally bad at it - but I am sure you are quite inexperienced at it because you never had a chance to practice how to play it the way it was supposed to. You would be playing better if you had training and practice, but that comes with a price you'll have to pay: fear :) Fear leads to caution and caution to tactical decisions, gaining experience. ;) Console players will have more to fear because they can't save everywhere and at any time whereas a PC player can. So, I recommend you save a lot, and I mean it - I have like over a thousand saves per playthrough. If you screw up, you can always go back to an earlier save and start from there or simply retry the same situation.

Anyway, this is only meant to inform you, not to teach you a lesson :) If any of the above helps, great - in the end it is you and you alone who decides how to play, and the main goal of a game is to have fun. As long as you enjoy yourself and the game, do whatever you want :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Trinity

Quote from: Art Blade on September 13, 2009, 05:56:53 AM

I don't think you're not playing the game right or that you are generally bad at it - but I am sure you are quite inexperienced at it because you never had a chance to practice how to play it the way it was supposed to. You would be playing better if you had training and practice, but that comes with a price you'll have to pay: fear :) Fear leads to caution and caution to tactical decisions, gaining experience. ;) Console players will have more to fear because they can't save everywhere and at any time whereas a PC player can. So, I recommend you save a lot, and I mean it - I have like over a thousand saves per playthrough. If you screw up, you can always go back to an earlier save and start from there or simply retry the same situation.

thx for your reply Art Blade  :) , it is so true that iam inexperienced in this game umm...actually in all other games iam sure becouse i used to play with "cheats" on lol , so iam giving the "No Cheats" a go to practice and see something different than my usuall Play out , also the "IgnorePlayer"  "cheat" can be good & helpfull since it dont cause so much stress and frustration and its fun to do so many things like::sneaking around , Recon the area , Targeting mercs , and planting IED'S  ;) ,,, in my first play through the game i had alot of "save game files" then i notice some slow down and loading issue's ::) and i did read about that before but i dont remember where exactally ...some one mention that having alot of "save game files" can cause this "slow , loading" so right now i only have 3 "save game files" when i finish the mission and go back into town i replace the old save "number 3" with a new one :) and since i installed the game from about 2months now i never ever had any "crash" at all "thank GOD"  , my game version is 1.00 ididnt patch it or anything , actually i never patch any game i Play with ::) the only issue that i noticed was some "stuttering" issues with the "AA" thing so i turn it off  :( but everything else on "ultrahigh" and "shadows" turned off , still it looks great on "1920x1080" resolution .

Art Blade

ah, alright :)

The savegames don't necessarily slow you down, right now I have 491 savegame files in my folder. It does take a little to refresh the list if you want to look at it, and deleting a save from within the game causes a refresh as well, taking time again. What you can do is, save until you think it slows you down, then move all but say the last 5 savegames to a backup folder. By the way, you can rename those savegames - if you have a cool point to save, do it and bail out (alt-tab), open the savegame folder and rename the latest file to say "Bowa - golden Ak47.sav" :)

If you feel like replaying from an early stage or a specific savegame, just move them back to your original savegame folder, done.

If your game stutters (regardless of savegames) you can try the tilde key "~" to open the console and type "e" and hit TAB (that causes an auto-complete, making your "e" turn into "evict_resources") then ENTER. Now you should have a smooth gameplay again.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Trinity

Quote from: Art Blade on September 13, 2009, 01:37:02 PM
ah, alright :)

The savegames don't necessarily slow you down, right now I have 491 savegame files in my folder. It does take a little to refresh the list if you want to look at it, and deleting a save from within the game causes a refresh as well, taking time again. What you can do is, save until you think it slows you down, then move all but say the last 5 savegames to a backup folder. By the way, you can rename those savegames - if you have a cool point to save, do it and bail out (alt-tab), open the savegame folder and rename the latest file to say "Bowa - golden Ak47.sav" :)

If you feel like replaying from an early stage or a specific savegame, just move them back to your original savegame folder, done.

If your game stutters (regardless of savegames) you can try the tilde key "~" to open the console and type "e" and hit TAB (that causes an auto-complete, making your "e" turn into "evict_resources") then ENTER. Now you should have a smooth gameplay again.
:o "491 save game files"  ::) that is so many! lol , i will definitely try the "~" tip for sure :) but i dont think the "stuttering" issue becouse of the "save game files" itself  , maybe becouse of the GPU Card ihave which is "Nvidia GeForce 9600 GSO" i hear its not capable of running AA from "4x to 8x" on high resolution :D

Art Blade

I never use AA myself. So little improvement, so much performance loss. The evict_resources helps me when I bail out, like now, to do stuff that fills the RAM. FC2 is now running in the background (taskbar). When I load pages, vids, pics and all the stuff from my browser, maybe have one or more other applications running, it will most likely use up memory and CPU power. So, when I go back to FC2, I often notice a stutter. "e+TAB, Enter" - done with it  ;D

Trinity

cool , i will try this for sure  :) thx

Art Blade

the fist post needed a little edit, since dke58 is now known as RedRaven. ;)

mandru

Somewhere, not this thread but I can't find it again, either you Art or PZ suggested that I tried running the command line cheats as Administrator on my 64bit Vista system when I commented that I couldn't get a shortcut to accept the Target line changes to accept the additional code.

It worked like a charm.  :-X

I set up Reliability, Unlimited ammo and God mode and went on a three hour rampage.  :-*

Thanks guys for the great info and first hand player support. While I'm not making any saves while using the cheats it does add a really amusing side to the game for me.

Find a CP surrounded by tall grass, with flamethrower run around and create a ring of fire and then walk out of the flames with a machete while they are pinned - Priceless!
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

it was PZ who suggested using admin rights, I suggested checking those quotation marks. Glad it worked :)

PZ

Quote from: mandru on October 02, 2009, 07:45:28 AM
Somewhere, not this thread but I can't find it again...
This is a regular routine of mine - looking for something but not recalling exactly where I saw it.  Unfortunately, searching rarely helps me because so many of the threads have common terms.  Typically I throw up my hands in defeat and post anyway comforted in the knowledge that Art will point me in the correct direction - Art remembers everything  ;)

Art Blade

mandru

:-X   :-X   :-X

LOL!

BINGO!
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Art Blade

I need to tell you now so you know, and perhaps someone could help me/us out:

I use the unlimited ammo cheat. For some reason, this current new playthrough, for the first time I have unlimited grenades and molotovs.

As a side effect, I have only four syrettes (used to have them maxed out with the unlimited ammo cheat). Usually the cheat gave me ammo and syrettes, but never grenades and molotovs.

I think it may have to do with the fact that I started the new career on normal, while the other playthroughs I used easy. However, I changed to easy but still, the syrettes are limited in number (they do reset all the time I use them, so in fact they are still unlimited) but the grenades and molotovs stay unlimited. I am not sure what exactly caused the effect. Right now I don't want to play around testing the possible reasons, but should you want to try it, please let me/us know if you got the same result and, if possible, why. :)

PZ

Interesting effect - I'll be sure to try it one of these days.  :-X

Art Blade

I've started another playthrough and it happened again, unlimited grens and molotovs.

You know the recommendation to not use cheats until the tutorial is over? I think that's nonsense. Here is what I do to start a new career:

• Start the game with "all cheats"
    Quote"HD:\yourgamefolder\Far Cry 2\bin\farcry2.exe" -GameProfile_AllWeaponsUnlock 1 -GameProfile_UnlimitedReliability 1 -GameProfile_UnlimitedAmmo 1 -GameProfile_GodMode 1 -GameProfile_IgnorePlayer 1 -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1 -GameProfile_timescale 0
  • Get rescued and taken to your first base (Slaughterhouse, Cock-Fights etc)
  • When you wake up there and asked to save the game, do it.
  • Quit game, start the game without cheats, so you can heal yourself (syrette)
  • Whenever you like, before scouting the safehouse, save again and quit FC2
  • Start FC2 again, with all cheats enabled
  • Continue with the tutorial

My guess is that starting the game with all cheats, especially the unlimited ammo cheat, makes the game "remember" from there on that you cheated ammo. You can disable any cheat at any time and the effect will be immediate, and also, enable any cheat at any time, no matter if a single cheat or combined cheats are used. However, when you use the unlimited ammo cheat again, it will give you grenades and molotovs that never run out (always the amount of grenades and molotovs you picked up, until maximum is reached).

Should you encounter problems (different result, like "doesn't w@&k!") please refer to the cheat order how I used them in the quote given above. It may have to do with which cheat is in which position, like what cheat comes before or after it. I'd call that a "load order" for the cheats. The order given above does w@&k fine, I've just now tested it just to make sure it really works :)

Enjoy.

PZ

joshysmithy

okay can someone explain to me how to do the ai ignore one iv tried it and i didnt w@&k for me i changed the shortcut name to ai_ignore but it didnt w@&k help would be much appreciated

Art Blade

- Create a desktop shortcut to FC2
- rename it to "FC2 ignore player" (so you know it is a cheat version)
- insert command line parameters in the properties of respective shortcut as follows, while X is your game hard drive, probably "C" in your case.
- Check the path to FC2 so you get the correct path for your game's command line

Please pay extra attention to where the quotation marks are:

"X:games\Far Cry 2\bin\farcry2.exe" -GameProfile_IgnorePlayer 1

OWGKID

You forgot the -DEVMODE command. What this commond does/enable:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Cheat Codes
Start the game with the "-DEVMODE" command line parameter. Then while playing the game, press one of the following keys to activate the corresponding cheat function. Note: All levels will also be unlocked.

Result   Key
Toggle invincibility   [Backspace] (Toggle Godmode on/off)
All weapons   P
999 ammunition   O
Toggle no clipping   [F4] (Fly around with no weapons, useful for taking pics) :-D
Spawn point   [F3]
Advance to next checkpoint   [F2]
Save current position   [F9]
Load current position   [F10]
Toggle extra information   [F11]
Toggle first and third views   [F1]
Increase speed   [Equals]
Decrease speed   [Minus]
Return to default speed   [F5]
LEGACY

Art Blade

PZ

Dang, GKID, I'm going to try that today  :-X

OWGKID

Well, DON'T DO IT ON A LAPTOP! :D Some of the  Fx buttons are hotkeys for certain functions (turning on/off the touchpad/closing windows, etc)
LEGACY

🡱 🡳