My graphics card's broke, no RIG, no gaming, HELP!!!!

Started by Binnatics, November 02, 2011, 03:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Keep it up, Binnatics :) :-X I hope that you can one day forget about cigarettes and free your mind. The rest of your life will be so much more pleasant without those thoughts :) And reading is a good thing. I hear there is a trend towards owning a second book.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Owning a second book? You mean the sequel? I have that one. My sister gave me both. She's reading the sequel now, she already read the first book :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

No not a sequel but indeed second as in "more than one"  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

PZ

Art Blade

Binnatics

:-\\

Well, I think I'll just stick to my first, mentioned, book. :angry-new: And the sequel. >:(

;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

You mean to say you can't even play Hearts or Spider Solitaire on that machine????? man, you have a serious problem................... >:D  :-D

Fiach

My dad used to sing this song (thanks for the loan of the turntable Art :) :

JIMMY DURANTE - 'The Day I Read A Book' - 1947 78rpm

There's one day that I recall, though it was years ago.
All my life I will remember it, I know.
I'll never forget the day I read a book.
It was contagious, seventy pages.
There were pictures here and there,
So it wasn't hard to bear,
The day I read a book.
It's a shame I don't recall the name of the book.
It wasn't a history. I know because it had no plot.
It wasn't a mystery, because nobody there got shot.
The day I read a book ? I can't remember when,
But one o' these days, I'm gonna do it again.
SPOKEN: Ah, lit'rature! There's nothin' like sittin' home...
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

" class="fancybox" title="" data-fancybox="topic">" alt="" />

nexor

Art Blade

Fiach, mate.. you may keep that record player.  :-D

And Binnatics.. you can read 'em again, did you know that?  :-()

Binnatics

:-X :-X :laugh:

Some nice examples what a joy a book can bring ;)

I guess I'll have to split the pot then, you guys came all with such nice and entertaining ideas... :)

...Oh, whatever, I'll donate 2000 credits to all of you!!!!
...as soon as the shop is back online that is :angel:

By the way, I got a msg from the store, that my gfx card is 'unrepairable'. They give me a refund though, and I've chosen a nice Nvidia card this time: ASUS ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5.
I'll post some pics once I got it, but I can tell you one thing: It has a HUGE cooler!!! The card is three slots thick and performs an average 30 degrees cooler then its brothers with the same chip :o
It has nice benchmarks on FC2; funny that FC2 is still used to benchmark the power of gfx cards ^-^
I'll benchmark it myself too, with FC2, soon enough :)

Binnatics

I'm about to PERMANENTLY UNINSTALL Catalist Control Center from my Rig >:D

Next step: Nvidiaaaaaah! ^-^

Edit: Well, Installed the Nvidia drivers and the ASUS utility, and 'Bob's your Uncle'  :-D
Now ASUS also provided me with a program called ASUS GamerOSD, and it looks like it's a smart vid-capture tool, which is MORE then welcome.  :-X Can anyone tell me about some experience with that program or similar vid-capturing software?

Art Blade

coooooool  :-X :) Congratz, Binnatics :) Nice vid card you've got there, sheesh  :-()

Oh and about that ASUS GamerOSD, it is quite easy to sum up what I know about it: "nothing"  :-() Sorry mate, hope someone else knows more than I do  ^-^

PZ

No idea here either - I've only FRAPS experience in gaming.  Congratz on the new video card!

Art Blade

Hmm, "OSD" usually stands for "On Screen Display" and is usually used for monitor hardware interfaces or software video player menus.

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on November 08, 2011, 03:50:35 AM
...Oh, whatever, I'll donate 2000 credits to all of you!!!!
...as soon as the shop is back online that is :angel:

The shop is back online  :-()

fragger

mandru

The shop's there but I think the clerks have locked the door and are fooling around back in the stock room.   :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

Quote from: PZ on May 15, 2012, 08:51:38 PM
... my quote here somewhere about giving away 2000 credits to all

The shop is back online  :-()

That means I'm in serious debt to most of you :-D :-D :-D

Hope my reserves were kept safe until now, cause otherwise I'll have to drastically pump up my postcount ::)

But hey, wtf, Hooray, the shop is back online!!! :) :-X

I'm going to seriously mess around with some titles heheheh >:D 8)

fragger

:laugh:

lol mandru :-() I hope you're right - I thought maybe I looked too scruffy to be let in...

(psst - hey, Binn - if you're inside, unlock the door, will ya?)

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on May 16, 2012, 06:58:58 AM
The shop's there but I think the clerks have locked the door and are fooling around back in the stock room.   :-D

:laugh: :-X  The doors are now open for business!

🡱 🡳