Mods: Fallout New Vegas

Started by PZ, October 20, 2010, 09:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Quote from: KingRat on May 10, 2012, 12:08:29 PM
...also, I do have FNVEdit installed but haven't figured out how to use it yet  ???

It's pretty obvious to me the main issues stem from the 'adult only' mods  ;) :angel:

Naughty, naughty...  >:D

You can find several good FNVEdit tutorials and manuals on the nexus - it is worth taking the time to figure it out because once you do, you can add all kinds of patches to fix mod conflicts as well as change things to your liking.  For the most part it is point and click so there is no coding to do.

KingRat

:-D
I watched Gophers vid on using NVEdit and made a small patch. Still get the occasional crash/lockup, but then this game engine isn't noted for being bug free...I've learned to save a lot, but still lost many hours in corrupt saves...still have over 100 hours into it. Kinda regret using one of those 'level up' mods since it took me from 16 to 36 and I'm now at 49 with all the DLC yet to do....probably have to start a new game and get the DLC done earlier...

One bug that cropped up, and is really annoying is a jumpy PC. ie going into sneak mode my PC keeps popping up like on a 3 count 1...2..stand; and it's really bad in 1st person as when you're aiming you get pulled about 20-30 degrees off target the back...tough to hit a moving target that way. I think one of the companions (perks) is causing it since targets are being highlighted in yellow/gold similar to the red you get from Boone's perk :D I'm pretty sure it's Pvt. Gilbert so I'm going to do a close inspection of her settings......back to w@&k  :angel:

PZ

I'm glad that you made your first patch - likely of many more to come if you like adding mods.  :-X

My favorite part of the Fallout series was the ability to add mods of all kinds, and because of the inevitable collisions, patching was mandatory.  In fact in my current Fallout 3 game has at least a dozen of patches I made for particular purposes.  Because I want to achieve many different effects, and want to keep them organized, I build small patches each with a specific function.

KingRat

The issue with the 'hops' got me to quit out of this play (over 100 hrs invested) and start a new one. About 25 hours in and after getting through DM & HH with no problem the 'hops' started up again. Started LR and made a FRAPS vid of the problem which is in the process of being uploaded to utube....I'll post a link when its done.

Also have a play of FO3 going, and so far no 'hops'....knock on wood  :)

KingRat

http://youtu.be/iv0OIub8JCk

3rd person view, will add 1st person when finished upload.

and finally the 1st person shot> FalloutNV 2012-05-20 11-19-28-06.wmv

Let that one run a little to long, 15 seconds would have been enough.

🡱 🡳