ALPHA protocol

Started by Art Blade, August 03, 2010, 12:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

OK, I force myself to do bad things. So far, I killed someone with a sniper rifle just because he was suspicious, killed an arms dealer rather than having him suffer in jail, killed a radical leader because I felt like it, slammed good old Grigori's head onto the bar, thoroughly pissed Darcy off and shot that teenage girl Sis dead when she was helpless. All I'm sorry about is my bad language.  :-() Killing everyone around me during the trainyard <sic> mission and being strictly aggressive towards SIE earned me some extra reputation points with her (only one mission and I already had her trust me, +7 rep). She's the right handler for the tough boys, along with Steven Heck who is extremely fond of making people drink bleach (he's running a cleaning business) and wreaking havoc whenever possible. He once killed everyone in a soccer stadium to be certain to kill the Premier of some country... "did you know a soccer ball can decapitate people at 400kph?"

Some more about Heck: "Dates when Heck claims to have been engaged in operational activity coincide with reports of unusual causes of death at the Taipei morgue, including a man with known Triad affiliations found with the chassis of a ten-speed mountain bike driven through his torso and a Vatican Intelligence agent with his airway obstructed by 17 communion wafers."

I am already looking forward to working with him.  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

As much fun as it is playing the evil ba$t@rd everyone hates, the options are bad. Minimal support and intel, weaker weapons and upgrades, even less missions, all that doesn't make up for the fun of burning down the house and bleeding out people.

The shotgun, even if maxed out and with the best model available (I changed shotgun weapons a few times during this playthrough) it isn't as rewarding as with a proper assault rifle. Although I was crazy about phosphorous ammo which sets people on fire, I realise that it isn't half as useful as one might expect. Some opponents shrug the flames off and recover and resume shooting at you. Plus that ammo is hard to get and extremely expensive if you have to buy it. Normal ammo isn't half as much fun with the shotty, so.. not so cool.

I'll play a "decent" game next time through, much more fun and many more options  :)

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I finished that playthrough about worst possible (I killed virtually every opponent I could) and annoyed most of the remaining characters. The game treats you the same way you treat it: Play dull, get a dull game. The more you think about what you're going to do and what your best options might be, the better the result and the more rewarding the perks and all that.

I am really looking forward to playing it once again, the nice and stealthy way. Man, the game shines when played like that :)

eor123

I really admire the effort you have put into promoting this game and providing assistance but in the end I just couldn't bond with it, even after completing four missions.

Thanks for your efforts here, Art...really.  :-X
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

;D

Welcome, and sorry it doesn't w@&k for you. At least you tried  :-X :)

Fiach

I got this game on release and loved the crap out of it, I later traded it in for somethng else and missed it so much, I re-purchased it a couple of weeks ago :)

It got incredibly (and imo, quite unjustified) bad press, I think people were trying to play it like a shooter and not a RPG.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

" class="fancybox" title="" data-fancybox="topic">" alt="" />

Art Blade

Agree about the unjust press.. a shame, really.. I played the living daylights out of that game  ;D

🡱 🡳