Free Co-op pack!

Started by ninzza, May 05, 2010, 02:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninzza

tehsam016

tehsam016

Just a reminder to everyone: The new (free) multiplayer DLC comes out tomorrow :).

spaceboy

Thanks for the reminder!  Yes that does look very enticing, also BC2 and MAG are coming out with DLC....too bad I'm going to be unable to play games this weekend...aaarrrgh  >:(
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Thanks for the reminder - will the DLC be playable in MP private mode?  While I can do private games online, I've never been able to do the public games due to my Internet connection.

tehsam016

I can't imagine you having to do a public game to access them since you're downloading it to your console, so i'd say it's safe to say you can.

PZ

Well, that sure would be a bonus for me  :-X

spaceboy

it'll depend on whether there is that option to do it and invite friends to a private session like in free roam.  that may not be an option, but it's free to download so you should get it and try for sure!

PZ

I looked this morning as I was finishing up my session and it was not available yet  :'(

tehsam016

Should be available by now for you PZ. It's quite fun, and me and a friend played in a private match so it looks like your all set :).

Art Blade

This news will make good ol' PZ very happy  ;D :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

there are several threads over at reddead.net saying the DLC is either corrupt itself or corrupting the MP.  best wait to download I think and see if there is a statement from R*

Art Blade

That news won't make good ol' PZ very happy   :(
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

Art Blade

PZ

Art Blade

Someone give some sweets to PZ, quick!

And a bunch of hankies.

PZ

Well, I took a chance and installed the DLC, and am happy to report that it is working fine - on private play.  I did a bunch of free roam online this morning by myself (you can't do that in co-op), and even managed to level up a couple of times.  :) :) :) :)

Art Blade

spaceboy

that's good.  I'm going to be unable to play for a few days so I decided to wait and see.  R* did acknowledge there is issues.  I did however, check out the new co-op Onslaught DLC for BC2 and had a good time with that so it's all good  :)

PZ

I'll keep you posted as to any problems/successes.  Keep in mind that I can't do public, so maybe that is why I don't see problems.

Oh, I forgot to add this - when you start the co-op, you get to choose which of the six missions you want to do, and in the area of the mission kiosk, there are mannequins that contain different load-outs. For instance, you can be a miner (with dynamite), a gunslinger (with double-action revolver), a sharpshooter (with sniper rifle), or several others.  Each load-out has several weapons for the specialty you want.

batdog

I've had a couple of glitches playing the co-op. One was actually to our benefit as all the enemies disappeared from the map at the start of the match.  We then had five minutes to get nine bags of gold out of the mine and into a mine cart. Easy enough getting the gold but we couldn't find the mine cart.  :'(

In another mission we had to ride a stagecoach away from a gang hideout.  But the horses refused to move. I've had this happen in free roam as well. So we shot all four horses and failed the mission.

When they w@&k they're really good fun, although not as intense as the new BC2 co-op Onslaught mode mentioned earlier.

Binnatics

Oooh, I'm so jealous. I would accept the bugs laughing if they only made the freekin' game available for PC gamers  :D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

🡱 🡳