Anyone done the "mortar glitch"?

Started by PZ, December 16, 2009, 08:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I've tried what is termed the "mortar glitch", but have never been successful - has anyone here at OWG accomplished that feat?

Dweller_Benthos

Nope, and I think they fixed it in one of the patches.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

No, never been able to pull that one off. I think D_B is right, it was addressed by a patch. Pity, in a way. I would have liked to have sent a swamp boat into orbit ;D

wexer9

Dweller_Benthos

You supposedly could deploy the mortar while next to a door, rotate, and be inside the building.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 29, 2010, 01:04:55 PM
You supposedly could deploy the mortar while next to a door, rotate, and be inside the building.

The idea being that you could get into locked rooms - this might be another reason to delete my installation and start from scratch.  I never did have any problems from the beginning, and each patch that had been installed since, has broken more than it has fixed.

If I start with a fresh PS3 install, then I might be able to do the mortar trick, and I'd certainly have my Jackal tapes working again.

fragger

Looks like I had it wrong - the glitch I was thinking of is one I saw on YouTube where a swamp boat gets blown way into the sky by a mortar round, and never comes back down.

Oops.

Art Blade

hahaha, never heard of that one before, sounds cool!  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

It's here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6r0CyZWksk

And actually, it was a fishing boat, not a swamp boat. I'll get it right one of these days... ;D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

wexer9

fragger

OWGKID

I remember a top comment on the video was "How are you going to explain this to your insurance company?"  :laugh:  :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

🡱 🡳