No Man's Sky - Screen captures

Started by PZ, August 17, 2016, 10:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

under options, turn off the HUD. Take screenshot. Turn HUD back on. :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

*Slaps forehead*  (there's no face palm smiley)
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

don't we all have those moments  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Nice uncluttered view from that bubble canopy on your - er, last ship :-D Is that a new planet? Chilly, -64º C. Brrr.

I also have pillars of Nickel on a planet in my system. Some minerals seem to appear in pillar form and some don't. There's a planet in my system that has pillars and domes of Aluminum, and another that has big arches of Iridium, like donuts half-buried in the ground, as well as an occasional pillar of it. Have also seen Gold, Emeril, Copper, and of course Heridium in pillar form. I seem to remember seeing pillars of Crysonite during my first game, but I could be imagining things.

I've never seen Zinc, Titanium or Platinum in pillars.

Sometimes you can get a good dollop of Platinum or Titanium from blowing up the storage tanks in depots. There'll be a cluster of five of six tanks, you can shoot them out and get the minerals. You'll have Sentinels on your case though.

Art Blade

fragger

Getting a closer look at some of those freighters that jump into the system (I love that effect when they do that).

There are various designs of them. I quite liked this one.
[smg id=9081 align=center width=600]

It had a docking port on top, and I tried to fly into it. I got so close that it filled my view and I thought I was actually going to get inside, but I kind of bounced off an invisible wall at the front of it at the last second.
[smg id=9082 align=center width=600]

Back view, with some serious propulsion solutions.
[smg id=9083 align=center width=600]

Another freighter, different design.
[smg id=9084 align=center width=600]

Art Blade

nice pics :) I wonder whether or not we're going to get access to those ships, as in own them one day.

These two gave me the idea that there's going to be more..
[smg id=9085 type=preview align=center caption="future 1"]
[smg id=9086 type=preview align=center caption="future 2"]

Art Blade

Some pics I took during my last journey.

[smg id=9094 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 001"]
[smg id=9095 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 002"]
[smg id=9096 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 003"]
[smg id=9097 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 004"]
[smg id=9098 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 005"]
[smg id=9099 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 006"]
[smg id=9100 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 007"]
[smg id=9101 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 008"]

fragger

Cool pics :-X I love the diversity of worlds in the game.

Here's a few random shots:

"The Goose" touches down on a new planet.
[smg id=9106 align=center width=600]

Maybe I should have called this planet "Garishworld". It's a nice planet actually, good temperature, clean atmosphere, and no animals. No drain on Life Support or Exosuit power.
[smg id=9107 align=center width=600]

I actually found a river here, flowing through a gorge. First river I've seen, not a pond, lake or ocean.
[smg id=9108 align=center width=600]

She came from Planet Claire.
I knew she came from there.
[smg id=9109 align=center width=600]

Art Blade

very nice  :-X :)

With that Goose of yours, do you really fit through in asteroid fields? Or is it an ongoing crashing into them with those massive wings? :-() I like those massive birds. Except they make a massive target, too, when it comes to pirate encounters.

Here's a massive ship for you..
[smg id=9110 type=preview align=center caption="whoa"]

fragger

Now that's interesting - a 48-slot ship for 53 million units. I'm guessing that when you looked at that ship, your own ship had few or no upgrades installed.

I looked at a 48-slotter while my own ship was full of upgrades and the 48 cost over 75 million. So apparently the number of upgrades in your current ship will affect the price of a bigger new one.

Art Blade

we already found out about it here, which is why indeed I keep flying around in bare bones (no upgrades at all, not even a mining laser)  :)

Art Blade

The third planet I visited (out of six in this system)
[smg id=9115 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 009"]

Actually, you can see all the remaining five planets lined up if you look up.
[smg id=9116 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 010"]

fragger

Six planets! Are any of them moons?

Art Blade

no  :-D I called the system "Sixpack"  :-()
[smg id=9117 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 011"]

Binnatics

Beautiful pics! :)

Funny sidenote; every time I see a pic with that small ark in the upper centre I think you're bing hit. I don't remember which game had that location and appearance for hits to be displayed, but it scarved my memory nevertheless :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

thank you :)

hehe, it's just some sort of compass, only without any cardinal points.

Space outside, and space inside. All that we want.  :-D
[smg id=9120 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 012"]

Art Blade

ah, just another one.. they were like 200 meters away from each other  :laugh: I like the colours and setting here.

[smg id=9121 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 013"]

PZ

Nice pics!  Great to see everyone's adventures

Dweller_Benthos

Fragger, that is the outer most planet in my starter system, gets to -70 or more at night. But with thermal protection, it's cozy.

More ship upgrades:

Found this wonky looking thing at a crash site, but one more slot, so repair and grab.

[smg id=9125 type=preview align=center]

Bought this one for a little over 4 million, three more slots for total of 29, and it looks much cooler, like the earlier ship I had:

[smg id=9126 type=preview align=center]

Found this one at a crash site, one more slot for 30, ugly as heck though. Yes, I landed on a mushroom.

[smg id=9127 type=preview align=center]

This latest one has 8 ship lives where the last one only had 6 and the weird lop-sided one only had four, so this is the one I'll take out of the starter system and begin the journey. I'll add a bunch of armor and weapon upgrades first, and since I have 48 slots in my suit now, I don't need slots in my ship quite as much. I won't refuse a new ship with more slots, if I find a crashed one, but as for buying any, probably not. But if I can get a three slot upgrade for a couple million again, then maybe.

Speaking of, anyone know offhand how you can tell how many ship lives a ship has before buying/salvaging it?
D_B

Art Blade

nope, only when I sit in it for the first time.

Nice mushroom landing  :laugh:

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

fragger

Getting high on mushies, eh? I see... :-()

D_B, as far as I know, the smaller and more "fighter-like" a ship looks, the less hit points it will have. I've had two of the biggish ships now and they've both had eight points each.

Otherwise, no, there's no real way of knowing until you acquire a ship and get in it. Unfortunately.

Art Blade

indeed, I got some type of fighter now and it's got 6 shields.

fragger

Some more freighter details:

[smg id=9136 align=center width=600]

[smg id=9137 align=center width=600]

[smg id=9138 align=center width=600]

[smg id=9139 align=center width=600]

The frieghters have big storage tanks along the sides. If you shoot them, they'll burst open and spill a bunch of canisters out into space, which you can fly into and get stuff out of. Of course, the freighters will start shooting at you and you'll probably get Sentinel ships coming at you too.

I did a save and tried this to see what would happen, then reloaded the game. The freighters are armed with large-scale photon cannons and phase beams which can do a fair bit of damage, but they're not the best shots :-() The Sentinel ships are more accurate, fairly fast and maneuverable.

Tags:
🡱 🡳