No Man's Sky - Screen captures

Started by PZ, August 17, 2016, 10:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I know about these light effects caused by movement. I just imagined that, what actually happens in a black hole, molecules were being pressed together in what should be something like raw mass, the pure base what all mass or material is made of.

In fact, if you are inside a black hole (or at least within its bounderies from whereout even light can't escape anymore) you should still be able to see what's outside, although pretty blurred indeed. There's probably a crust of light traveling around it, not able to escape, but yet too distant and speedy to be Pulled inside. A light shell :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Sorry Binn, I wasn't sure how much knowledge you had about such things :) Quite a bit, obviously. I hope you didn't think I was talking down to you, that wasn't my intention at all :angel:

You could be right. Or it could be a case of the devs just deciding what might look cool without any thought to actually possible effects, which is more likely. I do think that there is a bit of astronomical knowledge behind things in the game, even if all the planets in solar systems are unrealistically close to one another. But it is just a game, after all :-()

Binnatics

No worries Fragger, in fact I was moved by your reply because it really got me going on the whole black hole aspect. I like that phenomena a lot, since it seems to hold lots of secrets of space and mass and energy within. If one would fully understand a black hole one would do at least a ton of mind boggling discoveries.
I visited two more yesterday (they broke one of my mining tool apps and I had to go for, of course ::), omegon and Vortex cubes) and studied those moving dots again. I think your explanation with stars and their light must've been more in the dev's minds than mine where atoms are torn apart.
Anyway, this is a good conversation about very interesting things :-X :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Agreed :)

I too find black holes fascinating, it's like they exist at (or beyond) the extreme limits of physics. I don't think I'd want to try going into one though to find out what's behind its event horizon (I love that term, it's so dramatic  8)), or if it was even in any way survivable. I'm happier to just speculate, methinks :-()

Binnatics

Dweller_Benthos

Finally got my multi-tool upgraded completely. The positions may not be perfect for adjacency bonus, but it's good enough and I'm tired of fiddling with it. Not to mention getting the materials. Funny thing, it's easier to make the combat omega than it is the next level down, as the omega just needs some random stuff and gold, but the level 3 modifier needs that weird green mineral I forget the name of that you can only get at certain planetside trading posts. Finally found some for sale to complete the configuration. Takes down sentinels pretty fast and the grenade takes out a locked door in one shot. Mines pretty fast too, lol

[smg id=9205 type=preview align=center]

Picked up a new salvage ship, actually two, but the previous one to this was just another of those bubble canopy fighters and I only had it for a few minutes until I found this one. Not as many ship health points as my older one, but better than a fighter.

[smg id=9206 type=preview align=center]

There are already save file editors to let you change the seed of the ship, at least I think that's what they do, to make it more to you're liking. For me, the number of slots and defense points matter more.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I just like to fly in a fighter with those half-egg-shaped cockpits as they let me see the most (using the right controller joystick for viewing around). But yes, six shields suck.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I'm pretty sure that only the bulky, freighter-like ships have the eight shields, the ones that have either of the two types of big, squarish "wrap-around" type canopies. I think there's only the two types - the one with a front-end that looks a bit like some kind of WW2 bomber and the one with a tall, squared-off "windshield" which is flat at the front but curves around to either side a bit, and has side panels. The Goose has one of those.

The canopy design seems to be a good indicator how many shields a ship will have. The bubble canopy ships seem to have 4 shields, the ships with the swing-open, "fighter-jet" teardrop-type canopy, like the ship you start with, have five, and the ones with the canopy shaped like a box stuck on the front (like D_B's latest one) have six. I think - I had one of those for a while in my first game and I seem to remember it had six shields. There's a couple of other canopy designs, like the one that resembles an American football helmet and another one like an X-wing fighter's (angular and very sloped), but I don't know about those.

I now also have eight health icons on my suit hud, I got the final one from passing a Monolith challenge. I don't know if there are other ways of getting them, such as giving the correct answer to an alien query, but the last one definitely came from a Monolith.

Art Blade

I think fighters always have 6 shields. The shuttles and scientific ones ("insects") also have six. I think only the big freighters have more.

As to health, I am still on 7. I got my two upgrades (from 5 to 7) when getting two of those health units (blueprints) for the exo. Binnatics has got one more health unit and at the time, one more health shield. So I reckon you got all three health upgrades for the exo as well, which is why you got 8 shields. I got at least two monolith type events when it told me "health is at maximum" but it didn't increase my shields, I believe the monolith only restores them. So you already had 8 but might have had a dent in your health which the monolith repaired and therefore restored your health. The other message would have been, "your health level rises" or some such which is what I got when receiving my health upgrade blueprint.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

"Your health level rises" was the message the Monolith gave me, and I know I only had 7 before that.

The first ship you start with only has five shields,and I remember D_B saying he once picked up a new ship that only had four, so I think it is possible that some ships have less than six. It may even be related to how many slots a ship has, but I don't know.

Not arguing, just saying :)

Binnatics

:laugh:

I think Art is right about the player health thingy. We both recently found the last missing health upgrade and now both have 8 health icons below the bar. I'm pretty sure mine went up to 8 just moments after I installed the last upgrade. When I did 'something health restoring' :)

Art Blade

all is good, gentlemen :) Let's just say, the game may have some tricks up its sleeve we may never understand  :-D

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, this ship only had four health markers:

[smg id=9125 type=preview align=center]

This one had eight:

[smg id=9127 type=preview align=center]

Pretty sure this one had four as well

[smg id=9126 type=preview align=center]

The latest one has six.
D_B

Art Blade

nice ship, that last one :-X

My last two fighters had 6 each.

Binnatics

My fighter also has six. And I have never looked at the amount of shields in prior ships I flown, since I wasn't fully upgraded and thought it wouldn't mkae sense checking that sort of things. Anyway, here's my fighter:

[smg id=9216 type=preview align=center caption="Starship"]

Art Blade

very nice ship and pic (crazy colours) :)

Binnatics

Thanx :)

I like how the colours of the ships change dependant of their surroundings. In some situations the ships look so utterly cool, while in others they look just so and so ;)

Art Blade

Finally got a fighter with the teardrop canopy again. The view is so much better. :)
[smg id=9217 type=preview align=center caption="my new ship"]

Art Blade

[smg id=9221 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 014"]
[smg id=9222 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 015"]
[smg id=9223 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 016"]
[smg id=9224 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 017"]
[smg id=9225 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 018"]
[smg id=9226 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 019"]
[smg id=9227 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 020"]
[smg id=9228 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 021"]
[smg id=9229 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 022"]

Art Blade

so this is where those alien hippies grow their stuff.
[smg id=9258 type=preview align=center caption="stash"]

smile.. or your teddy bear gets it.
[smg id=9259 type=preview align=center caption="smile"]

looks cool in the dark.
[smg id=9260 type=preview align=center caption="sculptures 3"]

Night time is the right time.
[smg id=9261 type=preview align=center caption="good night"]

Art Blade

[smg id=9276 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 023"]
[smg id=9277 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 024"]
[smg id=9278 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 025"]
[smg id=9279 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 026"]
[smg id=9280 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 027"]
[smg id=9281 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 028"]
[smg id=9282 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 029"]
[smg id=9283 type=preview align=center caption="random impressions 030"]

Art Blade

[smg id=9286 type=preview align=center caption="Legend"]

Dweller_Benthos

I bow to the new legend, may he live long and kill many things!
D_B

Art Blade

Binnatics

🡱 🡳