ACU Screenshots

Started by Art Blade, November 12, 2014, 04:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

:laugh:

Dunno if you ever saw, or if you're (ahem) old enough to remember, a TV show called Laugh-In, but your outfit reminds me of a running gag they had which featured a guy in a piece of sped-up film who pedalled around on a kid's tricycle in a yellow hooded rain-slicker until he'd get punched off it by a hand in a boxing glove which came from out-of-frame.

Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it? Well it was. It was the sixties and everybody was stoned ::)

EDIT: I tried to find a clip of it online but couldn't. All I could find was a crummy still:
Spoiler
[smg id=7345 align=center width=274]

PZ

Art Blade

:laugh: here, some more for you guys  :-D

[smg id=7348 type=preview align=center caption="I know I look stupid"]
[smg id=7349 type=preview align=center caption="you wouldn't stop giving me looks"]
[smg id=7350 type=preview align=center caption="just don't beat me up again"]
[smg id=7351 type=preview align=center caption="don't mention my hood again"]
[smg id=7352 type=preview align=center caption="god damn QTE"]

Now some "normal" screenies again  :-()

[smg id=7353 type=preview align=center caption="occupied Paris 1944"]
[smg id=7354 type=preview align=center caption="wrong time wrong place"]
The following one is actually identical the world over but I suspect they did it so they didn't have to create a localised version for Germany -- they'd violate the law if they showed swastikas in a game published in Germany. Well.. what the hell.
[smg id=7355 type=preview align=center caption="no swastikas because of us"]
[smg id=7356 type=preview align=center caption="civilian outfit with military touch"]
[smg id=7357 type=preview align=center caption="even Napoléon likes my outfit"]
[smg id=7358 type=preview align=center caption="details 002"]
[smg id=7359 type=preview align=center caption="great light"]
[smg id=7360 type=preview align=center caption="realistic gameworld"]
[smg id=7361 type=preview align=center caption="great light 002"]
[smg id=7362 type=preview align=center caption="more heads up 02"]
[smg id=7363 type=preview align=center caption="moody view 8"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

hey I just updated (edited) the previous topic with LOTS of pics!  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

The pictures look great and the game must be really fun.... but I just can't take a character seriously if he is wearing a fisherman's cape like that!  :D

[smg id=7364]

Can you change its colors? Or get a freaking tuna and beat the living crap out of a templar with it?  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, I can. :-()

[smg id=7365 type=preview align=center caption="no more horse pee colour"]

JRD

Cool  :-X

But where's the tuna?  :-D

On a sidenote, so you were strolling around Paris dressed like that on purpose?  ????

Art Blade

It's not my fault that the hood with the best specs (or, the specs I want the most) looks like a rain coat. you see, the colour itself is nice, with a different hood for instance..

[smg id=7366 type=preview align=center caption="to show a different look"]

JRD

Ok, I see now. It's like getting Altair's outfit in AC:B or Ezio's outfit in AC3. It is as it is and no customization is available. The reason why you were wearing it is that, unlike Altair's or Ezio's outfir in previous games, this one has some sort of specs you wish to have so you just have to bear with the carnival season colors!

PZ

Great pics, AB!

Interestingly, you have a room in your cafe that has the old outfits from AC1, AC2, and others.  My current outfit is Edward's from AC4 - however with the underlying benefits of what I have chosen in the game - the outfit is just the skin covering the "real" armor

Art Blade

JRD, I think you got it slightly wrong. The colours are my choice but limited, there are a few colour combinations available for free, the rest needs to be paid for with a currency needed for upgrading gear. I much rather upgrade armour than wasting that on colours. So, yellow was a colour I liked and other hoods I used previously looked good in yellow. Only that particular one looks really crap, no matter which colour but yellow makes it even worse.  :-()

I can choose parts of my gear, if you go back in this topic you'll see that hood and its specs and that there are a lot of other hoods with different appearances and different specs. So one set of specs is bound to one hood. The hood itself is usually not silver as the one in my last pic, that was just to demonstrate the colour yellow looked good on the rest of the outfit and the silver hood did not distract. Almost all other hoods can be coloured but not individually. When I choose yellow, everything turns yellow. So I have to use that particular hood and just that hood looks crap in yellow. Now if I want to change the hood colour, everything else changes, too.

PZ, I have that room but there is nothing available but that one outfit shown in previous pics, like next to Napoléon.

Art Blade

Just to show you what I mean with colours.. you get a couple (the ones ticked off) for free, some need unlocking and the rest can be bought with "creed points" that are scarce, you get a few of those doing SP missions but a lot doing coop which is unavailable for now. So upgrading cheap gear costs perhaps 500, good gear 5,000 and the best gear 10,000. Same with colours. Some can be bought for 1,000 but like this one, some for 10,000. I got 7,700 right now. But I got 443k+ livres, all I can do with that now is buy cheaper crap than what I already got, more or less useless. The few items still worth buying with livres need upgrading and since those are the really good ones, I'll need 10,000 creed points. That's why I don't waste those just for colours.

[smg id=7367 type=preview align=center caption="colour selection"]

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 18, 2014, 11:19:09 AM
PZ, I have that room but there is nothing available but that one outfit shown in previous pics, like next to Napoléon.

Do you see the outfits?

I see them all, but I only have access to the Edward outfit - and got it because I found some kind of chest and another thing I can't remember right now.  It looks cool while wearing it though - all my current weapons, etc. blend perfectly with the outfit.

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on November 18, 2014, 11:39:27 AM
Just to show you what I mean with colours.. you get a couple (the ones ticked off) for free, some need unlocking and the rest can be bought with "creed points" that are scarce, you get a few of those doing SP missions but a lot doing coop which is unavailable for now. So upgrading cheap gear costs perhaps 500, good gear 5,000 and the best gear 10,000. Same with colours. Some can be bought for 1,000 but like this one, some for 10,000. I got 7,700 right now. But I got 443k+ livres, all I can do with that now is buy cheaper crap than what I already got, more or less useless. The few items still worth buying with livres need upgrading and since those are the really good ones, I'll need 10,000 creed points. That's why I don't waste those just for colours.

Let me guess: you can BUY creed points :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

PZ: I can see them but don't have access to them. Most of them require some type of online stuff like "play initiates" or "play companion app" -- stuff that I don't have or do.

Binnatics: Kind of. There are Helix points which you can buy for real money. Some 150 helix points are given to you as a u-play reward for whatever it was you did in the game. Probably as an appetiser. But during normal game play, which means missions, both SP and MP, you earn those for cool actions like a headshot or hidden kill or phantom blade kill and so forth. During my last mission I made about 6,000 points which is why I can now afford to upgrade a legendary phantom hood for 10,000 creed points which was the reward for Sequence 9 Memory 2 (PZ, you will love that mission)  :-D

And it's yellow time again :-()

[smg id=7368 type=preview align=center caption="phantom hood 01"]
[smg id=7369 type=preview align=center caption="phantom hood 02"]
[smg id=7370 type=preview align=center caption="phantom hood 03"]
[smg id=7371 type=preview align=center caption="phantom hood 04"]

PZ

That outfit does kind of look like a rain slicker  8-X  :angel:

Binnatics

Well, lots of different points to keep count of then. Am I right if you can 'exchange' these Helix points for Creed points?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

PZ, which outfit, exactly? You said "that" right after I showed you the phantom hood..  ????
Well if THAT looked like a rain slicker to you, what would you call the prowler hood?  ???
But I guess you meant the old one, the prowler hood, didn't you  :)

Binnatics, almost. Helix points can "buy" you upgrades. In my case I needed the most expensive upgrade type which is 10,000 creed points. If you had helix points, which is a different currency, you'd see something like 1,000 so you would need significantly less points BUT they cost real world money. You can see the option in my phantom hood 02 pic, there it reads "HACK" which would show helix points needed if I was online -- as you can only get helix points via your u-play account. Those helix points would be shown in the top row of the screen, to the right of my creed points (hood 02 pic: 13,475 creed points and "-" Helix points)

PZ

I guess so, but am not sure - I meant the one that looked like it was shiny with rain  :-()

Art Blade

Art Blade

[smg id=7374 type=preview align=center caption="French hurdle race"]
[smg id=7375 type=preview align=center caption="French long jump"]
[smg id=7376 type=preview align=center caption="French kiss"]
[smg id=7377 type=preview align=center caption="French avionics"]

PZ

Nice  :-X

Reminds me of the burning ships race in AC4

fragger

Does this game take place in different time periods, or some kind of parallel history? I'm trying to reconcile Mongolfier balloons, Napoleon and what looks like a WW2-era ME109 fighter ????

Art Blade

Yes but only as a short trip. That's called a rift. The game explains that you ran into a "mess" of unmapped DNA and that is when you find yourself popping up in 1944 or 1898. It is a scripted event, part of the story, so you don't really run into it by accident.

The last pics shown above, however, are from the original game's time, 1792 +/-. Napoléon was active then, however, he spent the early years of the Revolution in Corsica :-D Oh and the first Montgolfières started out in 1782 already  :-()

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳