BBQ and smoker temperature control modules

Started by PZ, July 17, 2013, 11:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

This company produces PID control modules that control electric and charcoal units to +/- 1 degree C.  Some of the units double as sous vide temperature controllers.

Auber.com

Art Blade

Interesting as it is to see what stuff is available out there it eludes me why a cook should depend on such equipment.

I'm not exactly a chef but when I want to get something right, practice builds experience. I can't expect to get a premium result the first time I try to cook something I never did before but if I generally like a dish or, say, cooking steak "properly" I will have to do it more than just once. And I like to get results without magic machines doing the job for me :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I'm often the same way; I can cook my salmon, jerky, and chicken just by "instinct", but I sure do love gadgets  :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

🡱 🡳