MOH Warfighter first impressions

Started by PZ, October 28, 2012, 09:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Impressions: the game is lots of fun despite being linear like it's predecessor.  In fact, it is almost like an extension of the last game.  I cannot say that the graphics have improved (at least on the PS3), but either my hand/eye coordination is improving (I doubt it) or the game mechanics are more fluid and easy to control.

Starting in Pakistan, you play as Preacher or at other times as Stump.  You get to visit Pirate Town in Somalia, and you also get to play the role of one of the SEAL snipers that simultaneously shot the 3 Somali pirates holding the ship captain hostage.

Evidently many of the missions you play are based on real events.

I'm now in the Philippines.  >:D

Fiach

Glad you are enjoying mate, I played the last one and enjoyed it alot. :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

" class="fancybox" title="" data-fancybox="topic">" alt="" />

PZ

Thanks Fiach,  I enjoyed the last one as well, especially the mountain sniper mission.  >:D

nexor

Even if MOH 2010 was a open world game, players don't have had much freedom of movement anyway, so to me it being linear didn't really matter.
I think i'm on my sixth play through now

PZ

Wow, that's quite a few plays through.  If you like that one, I think you'd love this game as well  :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

This one has been on my radar, so I'm glad to hear positive things  :-X

On the topic of the last in the series, they did a good job of not making it feel like you're on rails going through the game - I personally didn't notice the linear nature so much, I think they did a good job of using level design to hide the "walls".  From what I understand, that's a lot of what the terrain in mountains of Afghanistan is like, at least in the places where the fighting is - tight and rugged.  That's why it's more convenient to take 'em out from the next mountain peak over with a 50cal slug through the chest  >:D   

Art Blade

"minimally invasive surgery" springs to mind: make just a small hole in the body to get the job done. Right?  >:D

you could still carpet-bomb the area afterwards and then nail the s#!t down with a proper layer of napalm, just to make a point.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

I realy do enjoy playing that one, I just hope that if any changes are made in warfighter  it'll improve the game

nexor

Just finished it, not as good as MOH 2010, most of the game plays off in the darkness, I had to adjust the graphics setting a whee bit to lessen the strain on the eyes   :-\\

Fiach

Quote from: PZ on October 28, 2012, 09:20:15 PM
and you also get to play the role of one of the SEAL snipers that simultaneously shot the 3 Somali pirates holding the ship captain hostage.

Evidently many of the missions you play are based on real events.

Funnily enough I read about that recently and it was quite interesting, its a decent enough boast to say you sniped three targets, but the fact that they were on a boat and the sniper was on another boat, having to compenstate for the water movement up/down/sideways at both ends and still made three kills that quickly was some achievement.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

" class="fancybox" title="" data-fancybox="topic">" alt="" />

nexor

One thing's for sure, those guys are damn good at what they do

🡱 🡳